marauder wave 6?

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
So from the sound of the email I received earlier, the versions of the AK-74 and FAL that will be produced are the "Tactical" and "Classic", respectively.

Be interesting to see how this plays out.

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
Damn, I was really hoping for a tactical FAL so we'd get something different than Falcone's.

I'd be interested to compare apples to apples in this case. I'm hoping that we can eventually convince him to do the tactical FAL, though.

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
Don't worry fogg, it'll be different...think "bigger"

I'm also hoping that these concerns will be addressed. The size of the 417 was tolerable, but that AK... Eek. It fits in better with my Zakus than my Blueshirts.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I'm also hoping that these concerns will be addressed. The size of the 417 was tolerable, but that AK... Eek. It fits in better with my Zakus than my Blueshirts.

Well, from the talk I had with him, I think those issues are going to be better addressed. I don't think we'll ever get true 1:18 scale but we'll get a lot more tolerable scales.

His old AK-47, despite having a cartoony textured wooden stock, works fine despite being a tad on the large side.

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
Well, from the talk I had with him, I think those issues are going to be better addressed. I don't think we'll ever get true 1:18 scale but we'll get a lot more tolerable scales.

His old AK-47, despite having a cartoony textured wooden stock, works fine despite being a tad on the large side.

That's good to hear then. Say what you will about the product, but you can't fault MJ on the customer service end. I can't say I've met very many shop owners with the same dedication he has.

I keep meaning to talk to him about getting hold of some of those wood furniture AKs with the removable mags. It always slips my mind, however.

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012

Do. Want. NOW.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone have their series 1 M4/XM 177 and can shoot a pic of it with a ME figure?

The only stuff I've found is from back before the 25th started.

Talisman

They Call me Sonic.
Jun 15, 2012
Bad news guys...
Dear Marauder GR Supporters,

Due to issues beyond our control, the release date for the "new" Marauder Series #7 items has slipped from the end of May to the end of August. We are most sorry. Below is the "official" more detailed announcement we posted to our kickstarter pre-order participants a few days ago on the kickstarter website (delay is for all the items in both the original kickstarter event and the 2nd kickstarter "mark II" event).
Sincerely,
MJ
--------------------------------------
As you've seen with the prototype pictures, we have really pushed the level of detail & features with the new items. We've taken a tremendous amount of joy in sharing the development process with you all and both of our kickstarter projects have become a real group effort. During the production process, we've come to the unfortunate realization that our current tooling company can NOT meet the level of detail and features we need for this project.

The first tool had one of the "new" modular items, but when tested it was not satisfactory (issues with folding stock, mag wouldn't properly "sit" in place and several of the modular mounting points were missing). In addition, the painted versions didn't match the paint master & paint directions we sent for production. We want to bring you the best product that we can, so we've had to source a "new" tooling company that should be able meet our standards. We have confidence in the new company that we're using & working with them on these complex items will allow us to solve our current issues and we'll use them for future projects. But this entire process has not just cost us money, but has cost us dearly in our MOST valuable asset...TIME. Consequently, due to the unavoidable tooling issues, the avail date for the kickstarter items has slipped from the end of May to the end of August. We are very sorry, but we couldn't overlook the issues encountered with the quality & feature level of the items from the 1st production tool. Luckily, we were able to halt the process BEFORE the other tools were finished.

Again, our deepest apologies. If ANY of you would like a REFUND of your pre-order payment (less any items that might have already shipped), just let us know and we will take care of you. Our email is: info@marauderin.com If you wish to keep your pre-order in place until the items are ready in late August, we will fill your order when the items are ready AND will also add some "bonus" items to your shipment to help make amends for the delay.

Again, thank you for your support and we deeply regret the delay.
MJ
---------------------------

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Is that bad?

I personally don't have a problem with it because it's hidden behind the hand for the most part. I just know it annoys some people. I think it might make the gun less stable in the hand, though I've never tested that out.

lotusblack80

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2013
Colorado
Man, I love Marauders they make quality stuff and provide such a need in the market. I just wish they would now focus on web gear and other real life high-speed equipment.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Have they always been that expensive?...I've bought other sets and I don't recall them being $25...I don't remember them being more than $10...but I do have a horrible memory...

It is. I want to say they said it doubled the cost.

Mmorelock, stolen from around the net:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
A few more weeks for the new stuff...

Hey "312 Gunners!"

To recap, we lost our original factory appointment in August due to the tools not being finished. The tools arrived at the factory 2 (two) days AFTER our scheduled appointment and have been sitting there waiting to be used. We attempted to get a 2nd production appointment at the factory, but due to the "peak" Christmas production time AND that we failed to provide the required minimum 3 month advance notice, our project was given an END OF NOVEMBER appointment. Needless to say, we worked like CRAZY to get that date improved. Countless calls, hundreds of emails, offering to take "anything" that could produced (as opposed to everything at once)...even "exploring" the "bribe" option. :) So after much stress and expense, we are able to FINALLY announce we're scheduled to receive the matte black versions of the kickstarter items within the next 2 weeks. We'll need a few days to organize & prepare the matte black item orders and then will ship the items TO YOU!

In the kickstarter survey we asked how to handle items that are available at different times, most respondents said to "hold everything, and ship in 1 package." BUT we are going to ship ALL black versions that were ordered FIRST. After your INCREDIBLE patience and AMAZING support, we do NOT want our kickstarter supporters to see the "new" items from the kickstarter event available and being shipped to others...while they wait patiently for their package to arrive with ALL their items (black & other versions). The other versions of the kickstarter items are due 2 to 3 weeks after the black versions arrive (as with the black versions, we are pushing to get that avail date improved). Will notify those that ordered those sets when they are ready to ship.

Again, THANK YOU for your support and we HOPE you like the items!

MJ

Hey "Mark II Gunners!"

To recap, we lost our original factory appointment in August due to the tools not being finished. The tools arrived at the factory 2 (two) days AFTER our scheduled appointment and have been sitting there waiting to be used. We attempted to get a 2nd production appointment at the factory, but due to the "peak" Christmas production time AND that we failed to provide the required minimum 3 month advance notice, our project was given an END OF NOVEMBER appointment. Needless to say, we worked like CRAZY to get that date improved. Countless calls, hundreds of emails, offering to take "anything" that could produced (as opposed to everything at once)...even "exploring" the "bribe" option. :) So after much stress and expense, we are able to FINALLY announce we're scheduled to receive the matte black versions of the kickstarter items within the next 2 weeks. We'll need a few days to organize & prepare the matte black item orders and then will ship the items TO YOU!

In the kickstarter survey we asked how to handle items that are available at different times, most respondents said to "hold everything, and ship in 1 package." BUT we are going to ship ALL black versions that were ordered FIRST. After your INCREDIBLE patience and AMAZING support, we do NOT want our kickstarter supporters to see the "new" items from the kickstarter event available and being shipped to others...while they wait patiently for their package to arrive with ALL their items (black & other versions). The other versions of the kickstarter items are due 2 to 3 weeks after the black versions arrive (as with the black versions, we are pushing to get that avail date improved). Will notify those that ordered those sets when they are ready to ship.

Again, THANK YOU for your support and we HOPE you like the items!

MJ

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
That FAL is a fail.

It does look a little cartoony like a lot of the new guns Hasbro has been making. A few of their other guns in this wave are pretty nice though. The MP7 and Skorpian are must haves for me.