marauder wave 6?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There is still 14 hours to go so I would not say they barely made it and the amount could still go up , though I doubt high enough to for stretch goals.

I like MJ's stuff, I like Falcone (I still need to place an order, brother) and Giga's stuff is cool too! (though I did not know one actually order them). Obi - I like your stuff you created to have cast as well. I like customizing and having fun and really dislike all the negativity that surrounds whether something is ARAH accurate or scale accurate or whatever else many of you want to argue about. Everyone should be in this hobby, whether it be collecting or customizing or both for their enjoyment, period. Constructive criticism is one thing - trying to help others improve is great, assuming it is presented in a helpful way. Criticizing because it is not what you like or what you want or how you think it should be is just plain mean. No other way to put it, if you don't like it, don't buy it. If you cannot say something nice, then move along.

Seems like MJ has a good customer base, I have at least 1 of everything he has made and I was pretty sure he'd make it. And yes, I am one of the supporters. Let the scathing remarks begin - pretty sure there will be some. :D

It's your money, do with it what you will. Scathing enough for you?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
The thread was entertaining over at HT. You would have thought they were saving kids in Africa. Anyways, I think someone must have thrown a but load of money at this because it was over $3,000 short when I went to bed last night.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The thread was entertaining over at HT. You would have thought they were saving kids in Africa. Anyways, I think someone must have thrown a but load of money at this because it was over $3,000 short when I went to bed last night.

This was one of the best replies over there.

I'd been watching it throughout the night, and knew we'd break it this morning. I was just getting off work when my brother called, and as soon as I saw it was him calling, I knew we'd done it. I immediately answered the phone with, "We broke it, didn't we?"

This was awesome. Hell, it still is awesome. I'm pretty ecstatic we did this.

It's like when you graduate and that one person who you never talked to or ever socialized with comes up to you and says 'hey we really made it! It's amazing!'

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I'm still trying to do the math on how the $100 hoard level is a fantastic deal, like they're claiming. I don't see it.

You get five complete sets of "series 7", four of which are either painted or a special color (baby blue), and a 30-piece "army builder" set that's 6 of each of five of the weapons ("6 ACR, 6 Commando, 6 Fo6, 6 Galil and 6 Fnfal").

A complete set of one series goes for about $13 on their website. 5 complete sets would then be $65. Unless those remaining 30 guns are going for more than a dollar apiece or it's super-expensive to paint, I don't see how $100 is a fantastic deal.

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I don't have any problem with people who backed it, or Marauder themselves - I'll likely get some of the weapons when they're released, and I'm considering donating just to vote for the non-Falcone versions. But the enthusiasm at HT is weird to me - you'd think MJ was trying to pay his medical bills with this or something.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
True - I didn't need any of the Star Wars or HALO guns in any of the other waves either. :D

SW guns really have me scratching my head, now that you mention it.

I updated my original post with maths while you were posting this. :)

The math is fuzzy to me, too. Though they do have have guns that run more than a buck each on the site.

Anyhoo, congrats, but I continue to argue for anachronistic weapons that actually need to be made, be it for the first time or because existing versions are far too hard to come by.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
That's the one thing I've never understood/liked about Kickstarter.

In the end, you're not really "getting what you pay for", but more-or-less you're helping to pay for a project to get off the ground and getting a reward for contributing. Sure it's nice, but 99% of the kickstarter projects I see that I would actually like to own, will be cheaper to own once the project is finished and released.

But that's the rub - if the project DOESN'T hit that target mark, there's a good chance that it WON'T be released. So yeah, if there's something you absolutely mush have - donate to the KS campaign. If it's something you can live without but would buy at retail - then wait for retail. That's my outlook.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I get that you're effectively donating money, I don't have a problem with that. I'm just confused by the people claiming it's a good deal. ;)

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
They've made Halo guns? Then why was that guy stalking me, wanting me to make Halo guns but at Marauder prices.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, the MA5 or MA6.

You could get 5 waves easily just doing those Halo weapons.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I donated $60 to the cause...mainly because I think it's a pretty cool company, MJ seems like a great guy (freebies), and at the end of the day, I buy a lot of the guns and stuff for my kids to play with and typically not concerned about exact 1:18 scales. Main concern is whether it stays in the figs hands or not.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
As for the Tec 9, didn't it show up in a lot of 80s movies? I imagine that's the appeal for many people, go with what's familiar.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Perhaps, but I essentially covered the actual users of said gun earlier.

But whatever. The more I ponder it the more erked I get, and it's a damn stupid thing to be bothered by.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
As for the Tec 9, didn't it show up in a lot of 80s movies? I imagine that's the appeal for many people, go with what's familiar.

It was the gun of choose for urban drug wars. I don't know if it was because of the movies or if they were in movies because it was the real life gun of choose. That was the reason it was target numero uno in the Brady Bill.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Scathing...

As a customer, or potential customer, I have every right to scrutinize and critique a product. It's nothing personal against MJ himself, only the product. And I'm glad that other people are happy with what they want in a toy. I'd like to have a turn with that myself, thank you.

As far as the libtard, everyone gets a gold sticker, "nothing nice to say, don't say anything" crap...

That goes both ways.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
As far as the libtard, everyone gets a gold sticker, "nothing nice to say, don't say anything" crap...

That goes both ways.

Save for the libtard bit, this right here. Obi got slammed for the fact that he didn't like one of their products because it wasn't in scale.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Scathing...

As a customer, or potential customer, I have every right to scrutinize and critique a product. It's nothing personal against MJ himself, only the product. And I'm glad that other people are happy with what they want in a toy. I'd like to have a turn with that myself, thank you.

That goes both ways.

I will say I think MJ's got a lot thicker skin than the white knights. At least on paper, he plans to have a 416 so if you put the "FOS" next to it, it may look closer to the 417.

As for stealing that was mentioned earlier. I started to recall requesting a few of those guns a few years ago that I ended up making. I thought it fell on deaf ears and started making them myself. Then when I saw the first pics of wave 6, I knew I should just keep doing what I'm doing.

:pirate: Don't know if seeing my models inspired him or if he just revisited the back end of his mailbox.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
FAL should have been one of the first items tackled.

I'm happy with Falcone's for the time being. I should really get to painting them.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Likewise. Although I'd probably get the Marauder one as well if it's in scale and it's the more modern rail version - y'know, essentially a different product.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I won't say I won't get the Marauder one to see how it "feels". Tactifag version need not apply.

And you KNOW that's what will get made.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, well it didn't have all that crap hanging off it when it became the right arm of the free world.

So, anyone got a Sgt Savage M1919? :D

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Does FN Herstal even make the FN FAL anymore? Seems like a modern one with all of the rails would just be a mall ninja creation.

Just to show how long ago the FN FAL was made, the Galil was developed to replace it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wikipedia claims it is. Regardless, it's still seeing action, though not in any major nation's military.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
If it was me and I was $2500 away from being funded, I'd just create another account and put my own $2500 in to guarantee that I get 14,500 out of the deal...

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I like MJ's stuff, I like Falcone (I still need to place an order, brother) and Giga's stuff is cool too! (though I did not know one actually order them). Obi - I like your stuff you created to have cast as well.
I like customizing and having fun and really dislike all the negativity that surrounds whether something is ARAH accurate or scale accurate or whatever else many of you want to argue about. Everyone should be in this hobby, whether it be collecting or customizing or both for their enjoyment, period.
Constructive criticism is one thing - trying to help others improve is great, assuming it is presented in a helpful way. Criticizing because it is not what you like or what you want or how you think it should be is just plain mean. No other way to put it, if you don't like it, don't buy it. If you cannot say something nice, then move along.

Seems like MJ has a good customer base, I have at least 1 of everything he has made and I was pretty sure he'd make it. And yes, I am one of the supporters. Let the scathing remarks begin - pretty sure there will be some. :D

I wholeheartedly agree with Slay on this.

With respect, Obi - I totally understand where you're coming from, and I think your work is absolutely top-notch, but I just don't get all the hate for non-scale items. To me, it just comes across as vindictive.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I wholeheartedly agree with Slay on this.

With respect, Obi - I totally understand where you're coming from, and I think your work is absolutely top-notch, but I just don't get all the hate for non-scale items. To me, it just comes across as vindictive.

My interpretation of the whole deal isn't that he hates non-scale items. But he has made it perfectly clear his dislike for MJ's stuff is more connected to the fact that they say it's 1:18th scale stuff and it's simply not.

I for one, can get behind that. If I'm told that something I'm buying is 1:18th scale, and upon receipt I find out it's oversized.. I'd be put off, too.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
My interpretation of the whole deal isn't that he hates non-scale items. But he has made it perfectly clear his dislike for MJ's stuff is more connected to the fact that they say it's 1:18th scale stuff and it's simply not.

I for one, can get behind that. If I'm told that something I'm buying is 1:18th scale, and upon receipt I find out it's oversized.. I'd be put off, too.

I'm sure he can speak for himself, but what I witnessed had little to do with that as much as being attacked for having a different opinion.

Keep in mind when wave 6 came out, his negative opinion was confined to the customs section until it got merged into the middle of the Marauderlot's Knights of the Round.