Merit's "New" Huey.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Are you guys sure the slick and the model with the grenade launcher have different nose sculpts? THey look the same to me....

It's modified, like the Joe Trooper variant of the Shock Trooper torso.

The problem is they didn't bother to modify the details when they did the slick. No avionics bay door details at all.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Something does seem off about the nose when viewed at certain angles, but I can't pinpoint it.

And to be a reall ass, the chin bubble frames seem a bit too raised. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think you nailed it.

Still, better than no Huey at all.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Got my Huey today from Badcat.. seems like the airframe is a different color than it used to be, they also added some sort of 'weathering' where there are silver flecks in different spots of the helicopter to represent paint chips I suppose.

I don't have the space or time to open it up and inspect closely, but hopefully someone else here can.

Comes in a Merit branded box, no real mention of JSI at all, which is interesting.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wonder if the 21st Century brand is still on the starboard side stabilator?

I really should get back to work on mine. Kinda feel like I'm letting the forum down on it. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ha!

I could have worked over that MiG-15 he had, too.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
For the love of Christ, someone open and take pics!

*says the guy with 3 of the damn things already*

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Got my Huey today from Badcat.. seems like the airframe is a different color than it used to be, they also added some sort of 'weathering' where there are silver flecks in different spots of the helicopter to represent paint chips I suppose.

I don't have the space or time to open it up and inspect closely, but hopefully someone else here can.

Comes in a Merit branded box, no real mention of JSI at all, which is interesting.

Poor Huey...gonna get locked up in storage with the rest of your collection without ever being set free from its box :(

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shit. And no kidding on buying a case of them. I should have at least bought one.

Should have traded Derek for his trashed one. I've got that 1950s Wild Weasel/hi-vis MiG-15 project bug again. Worst part is my CC custom if a different head and paint scheme away from passing as a Korea-era MiG driver.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mine shipped and is in transit somewhere....sadly no free shipping to Canadia...

Edit; it has arrived! Meh....it's ok. Pitot tube was busted off and one of the blades has a more pronounced upward curve than the other. It's exactly the same mold as the 21st century unit.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What did these cost to ship in the continental US? I see they're still readily available online.

Pickel's maybe doing blades has me pricing a UH-1C with a Y rotor system project.

lotusblack80

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2013
Colorado
What did these cost to ship in the continental US? I see they're still readily available online.

Pickel's maybe doing blades has me pricing a UH-1C with a Y rotor system project.

I was and am going to get one of these. Have you bought JSI before, is the quality on par with BBI?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
JSI is just reusing 21st's old molds. I'm of the opinion that the plastic is still the same/similar, but someone with a 21st example of a given model would have to chime in on that score. I've got 3 21st UH-1Cs and they've all got some bit broken off because of the plastic.

I'd feel much better about a Bbi helo doing an "autorotation" into the floor than a JSI one, though.

Last edited:

lotusblack80

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2013
Colorado
JSI is just reusing 21st's old molds. I'm of the opinion that the plastic is still the same/similar, but someone with a 21st example of a given model would have to chime in on that score. I've got 3 21st UH-1Cs and they've all got some bit broken off because of the plastic.

I'd feel much better about a Bbi helo doing an "autorotation" into the floor than a JSI one, though.

3 Huey's... NICE, I love those helo's ! The Marine Corps still uses them they are all supped up of course

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Everything on those things break.

Ask NSA and I how we know.