Micronauts Baron Karza

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Baron Karza, the badest of the bad from the world of the Micronauts. Difficult to take pictures of with a flat black paint job with gun metal dry brushing.

Head - supplied in trade by K-Tiger via Fogger
Upper body and lower arms - Deep Sea Ironman
Upper arms and legs - War Machine
Cloak - some Gundam figure

Last edited:

Deslock

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2014
Tennessee
www.darksidealliance.com
Awesome work sir. I do love me some 'nauts. The Palisades re-makes were okay, but they weren't completely original, and sadly they changed the colors. That's something diamond direct didn't do with their re-makes of the 70's Star Trek figures.

The Micronaut figures were waaaay ahead of their time. It's so sad that Mego went out of business. They were given permission to make the toys for this new movie called "Star Wars", but instead of going with an unknown, they went with the first Star Trek movie. A fatally bad decision, along with a bunch of bad following decisions.

Mego Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which is sooo sad. They made awesome toys. :crying:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thanks Deslock, but I have to disagree a tiny bit, I thought the Palisades figures were pretty nice, it was the QC that sucked...but that wasn't their fault. And I do agree the originals were way ahead of their time, they were even better than the original SW figures in terms of articulation, then you have the die-cast versions which were just awesome.

MEGO could have been one of those power houses still around today. :(

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Nice! I have that head cast. I was wondering who it was. If you need another one for possibly another version of him, pm me, its yours. I'll never use it. I painted it silver with a black wash.

Deslock

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2014
Tennessee
www.darksidealliance.com
I know you guys will appreciate this :

When my family moved to South Carolina in 1977, we could only take very little at first actually with us, so we boxed up a lot of stuff and left it at my Grandmothers house for safe keeping until we could come back for them. After a couple of years my Granny tired of all the boxes in the garage, and WITHOUT informing us with a phone call ahead of time, just gave them away to the Salvation Army.

In one of those boxes she just gave away contained all of my vintage Star Trek models and Mego Action Figures (Star Trek, Planet of the Apes, Super heroes), G.I. Joes (the large really expensive ones ) and all of my Micronauts (Vehicles and figures), and much much more.

To try and replace all that I lost in that one damn box would now literally cost me thousands of dollars. No joke. . All she saw in that box was a bunch of old "toys", so she thought they were "meaningless", and not worth anything.

Just watch "Toyhunter" on the travel channel. "Meaningless" my ass....

And after another move later in life, my then father in law gave away my Terrordrome without a call first.

Do not leave what you really and truly value and treasure with other people.

This has been a really expensive lesson I have learned. Learn from my mistake and DO NOT do it.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

When my family moved to South Carolina in 1977, we could only take very little at first actually with us, so we boxed up a lot of stuff and left it at my Grandmothers house for safe keeping until we could come back for them. After a couple of years my Granny tired of all the boxes in the garage, and WITHOUT informing us with a phone call ahead of time, just gave them away to the Salvation Army.

In one of those boxes she just gave away contained all of my vintage Star Trek models and Mego Action Figures (Star Trek, Planet of the Apes, Super heroes), G.I. Joes (the large really expensive ones ) and all of my Micronauts (Vehicles and figures), and much much more.

To try and replace all that I lost in that one damn box would now literally cost me thousands of dollars. No joke. . All she saw in that box was a bunch of old "toys", so she thought they were "meaningless", and not worth anything.

And after another move later in life, my then father in law gave away my Terrordrome without a call first.

This has been a really expensive lesson I have learned. Learn from my mistake and DO NOT do it.

Ask Mandingo Rex about his fire sale he had with his collection.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Nicely done! Never would've thought to use that Iron Man body for that, but it works really well!

I only used that body because it was the only body large enough for the head to look right on. I don't generally like the deep sea IM, but it works in this case.
Except the hands...they can't really hold much at all.

Nice! I have that head cast. I was wondering who it was. If you need another one for possibly another version of him, pm me, its yours. I'll never use it. I painted it silver with a black wash.

I appreciate the offer, I suppose I could do a Force Commander if I alter the head a bit. The only problem is I don't have any more bodies big enough for the head! These IM pieces were all I had left that would be suitable.

Hah, that head has made it's way all over the damn place.

I like it!

So you and K weren't the only owners?

I can appreciate this, and I am so sorry your family were so thoughtless. Luckily I haven't had family go that far outside of the odd piece here and there that ended up in garage sales when I was little...but at least I didn't loose complete collections. The only thing like this that has happened in my family would be my brother letting his step kids play with, break and loose toys that, when we were younger, he guarded like a dragon guarding it's hoard. He wouldn't let me near them. Then suddenly he gets married with instant children, decides he doesn't care about them anymore and BAM, bits and pieces are left.
I actually asked about one of them and he was thoughtful enough to gather up what he had and give it to me. My heart sank to see what had happened to my beloved Johnny West.

Those fucking kids.:explode: Never had a good thing in their life and to this DAY they still keep ruining things.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I got mine from Slayer Dave many many years ago. One of the times we got together I got a bag of random stuff from him in a trade for dio stuff. This head was one of them.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I'm glad it made it's way to me then. :)

I need to hunt down the throne that came with that crystal skeleton from Indiana Jones, I think that might make as suitable throne for him.
Maybe I can find some broken Micronaut bodies and place them under his feet!