All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*Remembers that 21st's probably would have cost $60 had it made it to retail.*

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
I got it. It is a really good model, and for my first post here (after being a member about 4 years), I'll copy over what I posted at Small Scale HQ.

Finally painted the 50's and the M60 black. Painted the Mk18 a dark OD green. I don't have any Vietnam figures, but I'm trying to put some modern Joes in that I think work for now.

Shipwreck in the coxswain's stand

Female sailor about to load and man the front 50's

A couple of fellas on the rear decks

I got a 6C 3000 mAh NiMH battery. The instructions say to put the battery between the motors, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense given that would throw the center of gravity, if the battery would even fit. Rafael Lopez is a developer at Proboat and he has a video on youtube that clears up the confusion. The receiver for my boat is a little far in from the side, so the red rectangle in this pic shows how I install my battery for the best balance.

A couple of days ago I took the PBR to a great pond at George Bush Park in far west Houston. The wind was a little much. Despite getting blown around like crazy, it handled very well. I took it up to top speed once, and only for a few seconds. It was ridiculously fast! Proboat says the top speed is 15 MPH. Calculate that for a 1:18 scale boat, and keep in mind the actual PBR's topped out at a little over 30. Anyone remember "Ludicrous Speed" from Spaceballs? I had no problems with water getting into the hull, though if you pull some hard turns at a good speed, I imagine it'll get some. All the while, my Shipwreck figure stayed in the coxswain's stand and never fell. All I did was sort of wedge him in standing with his back against the back panel and his arms pushing on the controls.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That.. is really awesome. I'm not sure it's $249 awesome for me personally.. but I also don't really have anywhere to drive it around.

If I could find a couple of these it would be fun to do with the kids, if they were cheaper.

Great info!

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That is sweet!

NSA, get those $50 wakeboard specials from Target or Walmart for the kids. They are right around 1:18 and come in some snazzy colors.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, that's an idea. No real close water to do it though around here without having to jump through country club hoops. Southern California doesn't really believe in "lakes" and "rivers". The ocean seems like a bad idea too!