New JSI Huey

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A buck eleven ain't bad for the amount of new bits and pieces.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Just got notification that my UH1 Firebird shipped from Flying Mule. I can post my informal review once it arrives.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, this apparently exists in some form:

1/18 U.S.Army Gunship The 175th Helicopter Corps Shark Mouth by Merit International | HobbyLink Japan

Actually, it's been out for a while and no one said anything. Other than the feed chutes not going into wholes in the fuselage it looks pretty good. Needs some brace bars, but otherwise.....

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Couple of questions to those that might know.

1: Anyone know where the best C+S on this thing is? Jaguar Models has it for a c-note, though I imagine the shipping is extra salty, and I've never heard of the place so it could be sketchy. Amazon has it for a buck-and-a-quarter with "free" shipping.

2: Would anyone be interested in the bird itself? I really don't need a fourth UH-1C, but I need the armament shit, and I have a Huey I'm actually willing to cut holes into to accurzie the ammunition feed chute placement. I'd let it go at a healthy discount or swap it for stuff.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Couple of questions to those that might know
2: Would anyone be interested in the bird itself? I really don't need a fourth UH-1C, but I need the armament shit, and I have a Huey I'm actually willing to cut holes into to accurzie the ammunition feed chute placement. I'd let it go at a healthy discount or swap it for stuff.

I might be a player for the bird depending on price. Let me know.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think they're up to three. The first was the Hog in it's entirety, in 174th AHC livery. The second was a 71st AHC Hog with the new seven-shot pods and the USAF M134 door gun set-up. Finally the one I bought.

The Universal mounts pull off with little fuss, so any of them could be a slick, just not a "useful" Delta or Hotel model.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
JSI sure uses better boxes than 21st Century ever did. It's looking like I'm gonna have to pop the bench to get at the ammo can. Praying I don't have to actually disassemble the damn thing.