New TMNT Toys

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
MTV Geek Posted up pics for the new TMNT toy line.

I seriously haven't been this excited for a toy line in a long long time.

I'm diggin' the detail and personality on these guys. And that huge ass playset and those vehicles!

I'm especially looking forward to the Classic style figures.

Sorry I'm just geekin' out over here.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
The classic ones do look pretty cool and that Playset is fucking huge!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I hope their not biting off more than the can chew. I remember seeing quite a bit of the previous TMNT playsets (from the early 2000 line) reach clearance. And that when playsets of that size were more the norm. Now a days, you barely see any that big.

Either way I'll be getting it.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Those classic ones are awesome! I always wanted to get the NECA ones but passed. I may get those and repaint them...

The new cartoon ones, I got to see like 8 months ago or longer, but had to sign an NDA about them :(

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
As far as design goes, I almost like the new Turtles more, except for the bigass feet.

The thing I don't like is that they have hoof feet with more than 2 toes, if I remember correctly, and they now all have bladed weapons. Mikey and Don have blades that "pop out" of their weapons. Not sure if the toys have them, but the animation sure does.

Also, I'm not huge on the animation, either. Something about it is off.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Those classic ones are awesome! I always wanted to get the NECA ones but passed. I may get those and repaint them...

The new cartoon ones, I got to see like 8 months ago or longer, but had to sign an NDA about them :(

I got all the NECAs. .. Except for Leo. I found them all for 20 bux at a swap meet. I'd buy em one at a time, cuz I was always on the fence about them. .. By the time I got to Leo, he was gone. I'm still kicking myself in the ass about that one.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I never actually cared much for the TMNT outside of it being a fun cartoon to watch, but that's really cool the new figures are articulated. I like the new figures too. I'd get a Michalagelo to go on my desk at the office.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The new ones look to be combining elements of the comic, first toon series and the last CGI movie. Dunno how I feel about them.

The classics are almost like the Ninja Turtles equivalent of MotUC. Look to be more faithful to the cartoon design than even the original toy line.

That playset is the balls. That fucker could definitely be repainted and pressed into Joe service.

Last edited:

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Does anyone have all 4 of the turtles from the series that came out in 2002? I had them but gave them to my nephew for his birthday a few years back and now I'm wanting to get them again after seeing these, lol.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
All I saw before was the Turtle Van, that silly motorcycle, and the turtles, plus Shredder, April, and the Foot. Holy fuckballs, that is the coolest playset ever.

I had the Turtle van as a kid, but always wanted the Lair playset and the Technodrome, but I was getting out of Turtles and into GI Joe again at the time so my parents wouldn't get them. As far as playsets, I had the later Joe HQ, Cat's Lair from Thundercats, Ghostbuster's Firehouse, and Castle Greyskull, and I thought I was ballin' with those. They also served double-duty as playsets for GI Joe, etc.

But that thing blows even the Flagg out of the water (no pun intended). That's the dopest playset I've ever seen for a kid. Hopefully that thing makes it out and kids get their parents to buy it, because if they don't, they're fucking retarded.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nah, the original. I've heard there were quality issues with the ballon portion.

I also dug those stupid innertube vehicles.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
You can't be missing Leo! How much is he going for on theBay?

a lot. .. but not too much loose. I'll get him eventually.

Does anyone have all 4 of the turtles from the series that came out in 2002? I had them but gave them to my nephew for his birthday a few years back and now I'm wanting to get them again after seeing these, lol.

I do (never selling them lol). Including all 4 from the original toy line and 4 from the cgi movie. .. except Mikey. I got Mikey from a box set, because I didn't like his face sculpt from the single carded figure.

So it's a wonder that I don't have all the NECA Turtles.

I have the Lair and Battle Shell from the 20-ought line as well. I've used it in Joe photos before.

Pissed that I got rid of/lost many of my original TMNT toys over the years.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
growing up in the 80's my sister loved the turtles. She never got a figure of Michelangelo though and ended up with two different versions of Donatellos and Leonardos. She also had a a figure of Raphael in some weird space suit get up. They're still in my house some where.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Last night I started looking through all my old TMNT toys. Even though I've lost a lot over the years. I still have a LOT of them. Damn. Not many of them are complete but... I'll have to dig around for their accessories.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Still think the rubbery Movie Star Turtles are my favorites. Need to get Raph and Leo, but just never get around to it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The round package doesn't have all the accessories. It was kind of a "basic" version. The normal clamshell release came with everything.

That and the clamshell one could be a knock-off.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar