No Joe product in 2017-2018.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Not a big surprise, just the cherry of disappointment to top off the shit filled shake that has been Hasbro's inability to decide what the fuck they want to do.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, there hasn't been anything decent from the Joe line since that modernized line that I don't even remember the name of...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Unless they come up with anything new/interesting, I'm ok with them taking a break. I'm trying to scale back my toy purchases anyway (not that you can tell from my actual spending or my overflowing shelves & storage space....).

Right now, I'm only cherry picking 6" Marvel and 6" SW figures, plus S1 & S3 3P TFs. No Joe, no DC, no MOTU... I appreciate these lines going away to help wean me off the plastic crack.

Plus, I have approximately 2.63 million customs I've bought parts and donor figures for that I haven't touched. I look forward to bad weather so that I have an excuse to stay inside and hopefully get started.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Plus, I have approximately 2.63 million customs I've bought parts and donor figures for that I haven't touched. I look forward to bad weather so that I have an excuse to stay inside and hopefully get started.

Thunderstorms rolling in as we speak and the last thing I want to do is tackle the mountain of WIPs I have. :headinsand:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I love it when I get going and start seeing results... but getting started, or picking up a project I haven't touched in a long time is stunningly difficult.

I find that I binge customs. Once I get started, I'll work on them every evening for several weeks, and then I won't touch one for six months.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I might have exaggerated on the low side myself.

But I definitely do more in the back half of the year. When football season starts and the weather gets cooler, I find myself wanting something to do at my desk or workbench while the TV is on in the background.

Translate - when the yard stops growing, I suddenly have more free time.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Which is odd, because most of your northern compatriots can't wait to move south when they get older. I wonder what age the inflection point occurs, when you'll start disliking the cold?

Every time there is a new subdivision opening up on the river, we have a slew of yankees from Michigan and Ohio coming down and buying everything up... pricing out any locals. All they can do is bitch about winters up north, and simultaneously tell us in a derisive tone how everything was done there.

The more I think about it, Eddie, you're too nice and normal to be from up north. What gives? Or maybe we just get the assholes you guys ran off...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hah! I have southern ancestry. Maybe that's it? :D My grandpa's family is from VA. When I was really young he moved back to the family farm after my grandparents split up. We'd take a tractor ride to the old house he grew up in that's still on the property when visiting the farm. It was rundown, but it was very cool to see the family "history". Supposedly the family is related to the 10th POTUS, John Tyler, but I have never done any research so I don't know how true it is. JT had, IIRC, 15-20 kids, so it's not unlikely.

Weather wise, I mean, as soon as spring hits it's nonstop maintenance. Yard, vehicle, house. :shakefist: You have to go to countless outdoor obligations. Freaking bug bites. The most you have to do in the winter is clean up the occasional frozen rain. Yeah, it's cold, but that's just an awesome excuse to hibernate without judgement.

It's not all bad. We went to visit my dad 2 hours west in a quaint little honkey :)racist:) town and went for a nice hour and half kayak trip down the river in front of his house. Ridiculously beautiful. Made me want to move out there...ya know, to be by a river. :D

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
It's not all bad. We went to visit my dad 2 hours west in a quaint little honkey :)racist:) town and went for a nice hour and half kayak trip down the river in front of his house. Ridiculously beautiful. Made me want to move out there...ya know, to be by a river. :D

Oddly enough, my house is 40 ft from the largest river in the region, and I've not set foot in it since I was a teenager. But the views are spectacular indeed.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Hahaha good callback. No, I haven't been on the water because I don't own a boat! (nor do I want to)...

There are no pirates presently. I'm just convinced that in my lifetime there will be. Just my paranoid fear... because every old person has to have at least one (I think it's a law in the medicare handbook), and I'm getting a head start!

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I'm trying to convince myself that this latest FSS is the one that appeals to me but I... just.... can't.... do.... it.

There's a couple in FSS 7 I may want and I'll wait to hear about FSS 8 but since it sounds like those two are getting rushed, I'm not holding out hope.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, but a boat won't take care of you when you're old...

:lmao: That's the one thing I know I'll regret. Not creating some potential (potential because you never know if your kid(s) are gonna turn into some lowlife(s) that are useless) caretakers. How selfish of me. :D

I'm trying to convince myself that this latest FSS is the one that appeals to me but I... just.... can't.... do.... it.

Yup. I mean, I have a difficult enough time with $10-$20 JOES, let alone whatever nonsense the Club is charging nowadays. Out of 13 figs you want, at best, half of them. So you either have to unload the undesirables (work) or keep them and eat the cost of them which essentially raises the cost of the figures you actually wanted. Just :talktothehand: to all of that.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
:lmao: That's the one thing I know I'll regret. Not creating some potential (potential because you never know if your kid(s) are gonna turn into some lowlife(s) that are useless) caretakers. How selfish of me. :D

That's a legit argument, but one of the main reasons we moved back to TN was to be near family, for the benefit of the kids and for the older family that sometimes need help. I don't mind doing shit for my grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles. They all helped me out somewhere along the way, and I enjoy being there for them, even if it's not always fun.

(true story) right after I moved home, my favorite great uncle needed help. He was in his 90's, his two grown sons died a week apart, his wife developed and died from Alzheimers, and the only grandchild that lived in the state had... questionable judgement, morals, and was basically a conman. Thus I ended up my uncle's caretaker/power-of-attorney/executor. This was a guy in his mid sixties when I was born, played with me in the yard at every family gathering, and here I was seeing that all his bills were paid, picking out a rest home, taking him to doctor's appts, and generally being the only person he could count on. For me to be able to do that for a relative I loved dearly growing up... was incredibly cool. Neither of us ever imagined that scenario playing out, but there we were.

Hopefully my kids will have that instilled in them too... not that I expect them to come back here to look after my ass, but at least they should have that helping trait. And if they do come back, all the better.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The best I can hope for is at least one of my nieces and nephews will be there for me. Maybe I need to start sucking up. :D

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I wanted Big Bear badly. Cancelled Duke figure with a new head. It's been $50 for awhile.

At Joe Con, I was across from a booth that threw up a 30% off sign on Sunday. Got him for $26.00. I think that's cheaper than subscription. Sometimes you just have to wait for the opportunity.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Definitely! Birthdays and x-mas, you gotta be the cool fun uncle that doesn't buy the lame gifts!

Ugh. I used to buy cool gifts when they liked figures but now, now they don't have any particular interests. Just random nonsense. What do you do with that?! And I'm not having kids because I don't like being around or patronizing kids. Sucking up is going to be a challenge! :grumpy:

Hmm...suffer now or suffer later? What to do what to do.