On the Workbench

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Makes him look acid rainish. The articulation is nice,but it takes away from the figures realism,and over all looks,at lest IMO.

My little work area minus the molds in my pot.

Got some replication molds,and a few other shrinks in the tank now. About to put together a new tank today too:D

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I need a 2-pack Maria/carter before I start. She also shares the same lower torso,and I want to do them all at the same time...been hunting one on eBay,and they're cheep now! Unlike BW&Emma! I paid $100 for Emma!

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
Thanks I haven't tried any acid rain stuff yet but it looks cool, idk I think he looks pretty realistic...I still need to tighten up the shoulder joints still though

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
CoreyD sent me one of his great ARW gas mask head mods, so I'm getting the toque and helmet on it. Not sure what to do with the old head, maybe I'll bust open one of those Hiya Germans and use it there.

Trying to decide if I want to go with the WWI mimicry camo on the helmet like the original, or with a skull and crossbones they had in the Freikorps.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Thanks I haven't tried any acid rain stuff yet but it looks cool, idk I think he looks pretty realistic...I still need to tighten up the shoulder joints still though

I had 2 figures,and I sold them to KT. I tried to like them,I really did! Just couldn't get into them. Their legs look funny to me,and their heads sit low? Idk,just wasn't feeling them.

I'm into details,and an over all nice sculpted figure with decent articulation if possible. I felt the acid rain figures weren't all that detailed. The paint was nice,and the articulation is too! Just wasn't my style? Right now the greatest new figure I've recently acquired is Marvel Legends 3.75" Gamora. I just love the figure,and want more!! If she was purple she'd look like a Zentraedi from Robotech. Makes me want to buy some matchbox figures,and start resizing&casting helmets! lol

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
CoreyD sent me one of his great ARW gas mask head mods, so I'm getting the toque and helmet on it. Not sure what to do with the old head, maybe I'll bust open one of those Hiya Germans and use it there.

Trying to decide if I want to go with the WWI mimicry camo on the helmet like the original, or with a skull and crossbones they had in the Freikorps.

Glad that everything made it to you ok. Hope you can put it to good use!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm tick-tocking along. Trying to figure out how to get the lenses to look like I want.

On the down side, I've finally had my fill with the ARW figures' shite hand design/material choice, so I'm now on the hunt for a suitable replacement.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
ARW trench knives. Not that Kit will ever get around to releasing more figures that can actually use them. :trollface:.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Agent of shield alt head from Marvel Legends 6" Onslaught/Civil War Nick Fury

Too big? I can't tell with helmets. Right now it can be easily made into a removable helmet tho.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I feel it's too big,but it's difficult to tell. It is "in" the realm of what I'd normally shrink a ML head..they're made by hasbro too,so the scale is all over the place just like every other toy line. there's no perfect formula..fucking hasbro.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I feel it's too big,but it's difficult to tell. It is "in" the realm of what I'd normally shrink a ML head..they're made by hasbro too,so the scale is all over the place just like every other toy line. there's no perfect formula..fucking hasbro.

Well it is a full helmet and mask combo, maybe if you can get it a fraction smaller. Too small and...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, better a hair too big than a hair too small. As it sits it looks like there could be a properly sized head underneath.

Rider

Au Soleil !
Jul 30, 2015
Marseille
cobra.4umer.com
I think it could be ok with this size but it could even be better just a bit smaller
But the real problem is that it sit too High
Even the vest looks a bit wrong on the shoulders

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Hey now! The vest is perfect!! Watch it buddy!!:trollface:

Agree with the head being about 5% too big tho. As for height,it's sitting on clay I added to give it that height,I can just pull it out.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hey now! The vest is perfect!! Watch it buddy!!:trollface:

Agree with the head being about 5% too big tho. As for height,it's sitting on clay I added to give it that height,I can just pull it out.

Found more work for you for next year. :trollface:

At the very least that Poison Ivy head sculpt.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Yeah,they look like old pin ups. Poison ivy looks like she should be nose art on an old bomber! lol

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, they're doing a pin-up line. I may need that Poison Ivy to go with my Sally Jupiter Silk Specter (The Watchmen).

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I guess I'm sizing it to this body? Cause I still have no clue,or have gotten a definitive answer on wtf I'm doing with this thing:trollface:

I have the vynal idolz Marty on the way to make a vest for it...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
How much difference in height is there between 25th Tunnel rat and a Mutt figure?

Other than grinding off the belt he's got a button up shirt that could work.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shouldn't be too bad. Mutt's head might be on the large side for the TR torso, but that may just be my eyes.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Mutt has stumpy legs,I think that throws it off a bit. I won't be looking at mutt's head as a reference anyways,I'll be looking at the pics of MJF as reference.

Personally I'm a fan of those ROC Storm Shadow legs(already have molds for them). I mocked them up last night,and they look REALLY good on that mutt body. Possibly use some 50th SS lower arms,and Lifeline hands(I already have molds for those too:D)

What sports line did you get those shoes from that where on that kitbash with the renegades ripcord head KT? Gonna need some white nikes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
McFarlane's Playmakers line. I have the two Yankees players, and I think they're supposed to be Adidas. Not that it matters after repainting them.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Ok, I know a Corps! figure probably ain't worth the trouble, but I figure practicing on them is no skin off my back either. I'm annoyed with Lanard's inability to have a single figure of Snake Bite where her eye is painted onto the detail where it should be. It's bad enough they draw art of her having two eyes, and that the hair is sculpted on in such a way that the right eye is nigh impossible for an amateur to paint. Anyway, I took a crack at it, and ended up having to use nail polish remover a couple times to undo mistakes, which just made things look dirtier, but whatever. This is my best attempt so far, but her "eyeliner" looks gawdy to me, maybe that's what I get for using a gundam marker.

Advice?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Combat is dirty, and I like her sans-eyebrow. The eyes are sculpted too far apart, but there's nothing you can do about that.

Final assesment: I'd actually buy the 2-pack she's in if she looked like yours.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Ah, well, mission accomplished then. I wonder then, should I dip a nasty green color into her right eye to make it look like it's defunct?

I also just realized, I need to repaint her eyebrow and some of her hair, because I wiped them off on accident when desperately trying to fix my mistakes. I'll need to go get some scarlet red paint.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I think your work looks good, she's got that "smokey" look that's so popular right now.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I gave the other figure a try, this time opting out of giving her eye a black liner. A magnifying glass would be extremely helpful.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
The Vinyl Idolz Marty is dismantled. I'm. Going to attempt these parts,shouldn't be too hard in theory..

For a statue it was bad from an impressive amount of parts! Unfortunately I broke the head on disassembly.

Btw,here's an EE pic of the pin up DC females. I know KT would find shit to make with Harley!! Wonder Woman freaks me the fuck out!

Figures look impressive! With the only short comings being the hands,and I'm not a fan of that style joint in the mid section either...