Patrol Boat WIP

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Well this was my first try at painting(the helo was actually after this) on the hull. The wife gave me an ultimatum to get it done and off of the bench/table. It apparently takes up too much room. Don't know why she cares but it's in her way.

It's a WIP, I need to build guards on the 50 and build up the deck more.

Any comments/help appreciated.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Is that a lanard boat? I was going to get one of those. The painting you've done so far looks great! Really nice detail work on the dash.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
thought about putting "glass" in the wind shield?

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
Thats the true heroes boat they carry at TRU. I have one but you need to be careful taking it apart. the screw heads round easily

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Thanks for the compliments!
It's the True Heroes boat from TRU. Wife gave it to me for xmas and I wanted to do something with it but never got around to it after trying to paint the hull(I used this as a guinea pig for painting the helo) about a month ago. I thought about the windshields/windows but I think with my skill level and my limited customizing experience I will skip it for now. I am going to try to keep the black/grey look I did on my helo. And BJ is right, they round out VERY easily. Cheap Chinese hardware.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Great work!

Hey Hasbro!!! Your vehicles bite so bad we're customizing True Hero stuff to use with your figures.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Just a quick update.
I mounted the armor plates for protecting the .50 gunner. More work to follow. Gotta get my hands on another M2 to put on the back and make the plates/armor for the two I want to mount back there. ETC(Estimated Time of Completion) is somewhere before July I hope...or the wife will kill me by then. Here are a few shots of the SLOW progress:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think i'd clip off the barrel change handle. *rubs chin*

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Amazing what a good paint scheme and fine details can do to a turd.

Really looking forwardto seeing this done

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Thanks for the comments/suggestions. I think I am gonna clip of the handle. Good idea guys. To answer another question...Yes I am building a team of sorts around the scheme. I have one of the IM2 trucks that is also in work getting the gray/black scheme(now you know why the wife is flipping with about 4-5 things going at once). I was planning to put the rear gun from the vamp onto it but still trying to figure that one out because I cant find the mount for the Vamp gun.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
In the interest of getting this done, and because I cannot locate another gun, the boat will have only a single M2 in the back. Used the mount for the m60 from a world peacekeepers boat that I parted out and mounted it in the back. Mod'ed the M2 a bit and made it work on the mount. Here it is, almost complete:

BTW, updated ETC is by the end of the week. YAY!

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
She's done!!!!! Had some time to myself for a lil bit and got her finished. Here she is....stickers applied and completed.

And with my IM2 4x4:

Let me know what ya think.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
came out awesome (cept for that RoC decal ;))...you really made it into a respectable vehicle...what did you make the turret shields out of?

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Thanks Eddie. The shields are made of the plastic dividers for tool boxes. I bought a set of ten at Home Depot and cut them up to fit.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Sometimes they're clear too, Eddie.

TLG, she looks good.. aside from the ROC logo as Eddie said. It's amazing how someone can take something that looks cheap and turn it into a very respectable vehicle.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No kidding. Great work. Nice job on the Captain America vehicle (right?) also.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Thanks guys. I actually like the ROC logo. Meh, just personal preference I guess.

Rick, that is the Iron Man 2 jeep. The Captain America one is calling my name right now though. I am currently working on my bbi blackhawk so I will be busy for awhile. Hopefully the CA stuff will be on clearance by the time I am done.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Nice work! Amazing what a little repaint (among other things) can do.

Now you need to try weathering!

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Man, that boat came out beautiful!

I have one myself, and want to customize it into a craft for dropping Cobra Eels into the water.

Put a .50 in the top turret like yours, and a bench in the back for the divers.

I really like your cupolas with the weapons.