Place for my Photos

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
Please excuse me .. I want to show off some of my photos .. some of these are old Bu ti have some new ones in the works ..

These first ones will be one shot type photos but i will update it soon with a nice dio.. (no words )

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
This one is not right for some reason ..... Any ideas would help out massive.... I guess its the lack of background .. its wonky with a black backdrop

Last edited:

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The dio pieces rock! Nice detail with Coke cans. Nice work on the destroyed hover thing

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This one is not right for some reason ..... Any ideas would help out massive.... I guess its the lack of background .. its wonky with a black backdrop

I think you've nailed the issue yourself. Besides that, I think the figures and props look a little too "clean".

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
I'd dim the lighting on the one. It'll look more like a night time shot and won't matter that the backdrop is black. Lots of ppl do it.

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
The dio pieces rock! Nice detail with Coke cans. Nice work on the destroyed hover thing
Thanks Rick .. I am flattered .... I used real rust on that ... Im really excited about the pod .. but the camera doesn't quite capture the actual rust .. it just looks like a shit paint job

Nice shots!
Thank you sir!:D

Nice. about time you made your own thread for this greatness. Everything looks great. the dios are superb. Can't wait for more.

Im actually a bit reluctant about showing off my craft .. Theres guys out there far more experienced .. this is childsplay compared to them. the more i see my end results the more I compare to others and wish i had done more or think of way to make it just as good as others on this site. None the less thank you Meddatron .

Great Dios. Glad to see these.

Thank you :D

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
I think you've nailed the issue yourself. Besides that, I think the figures and props look a little too "clean".

Would you recommend maybe a wash? Any suggestion would be kindly appreciated. I stumped and left it as is. Thank you

I'd dim the lighting on the one. It'll look more like a night time shot and won't matter that the backdrop is black. Lots of ppl do it.

Gotcha Ill try that out

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A wash or dry brushing would help. I'd probably think of breaking out artist pastels, too. That's not some folks' bag, though.

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
A wash or dry brushing would help. I'd probably think of breaking out artist pastels, too. That's not some folks' bag, though.

Ill have to give it a shot .. Honestly I want to sit down one day and do a bunch of props .. My time is so scattered I hardly have time to open most of what I buy let alone get crafty ... In my downtime its usually hang out with the kids and wife and or check off the "honey do " list.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Are you using a flash when you photograph? If so try landscape setting making sure camera is still along with the timer so there is no flash. The shutter will stay open longer and suck in all the natural light. Details will show better too.

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
Are you using a flash when you photograph? If so try landscape setting making sure camera is still along with the timer so there is no flash. The shutter will stay open longer and suck in all the natural light. Details will show better too.

I dont use flash, Rick just lights and sometimes I leave the aperture open for as long as possible when there is a tripod involved and use a flashlight or a LED to brighten up some spots ... for the most part though if Im feeling lazy I just put up some flood lights and point them in defferent directions. :D