Return of the Kitbashed dead

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It does it does, but what you've done is much more. I've always assumed kitbashed was JUST mixing lines. Like SW headswap onto a Joe body. These are full blown customs man. They deserve more credit.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Huh, I've never heard "kitbash" described that way (as limited to only swapping parts from other lines).

Kitbashing or model bashing is a practice whereby a new scale model is created by taking pieces out of commercial kits. These pieces may be added to a custom project or to another kit.

Swapping a Duke head onto an Airborne body, for instance.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Kitbashing is taking parts from multiple sources and using them on one figure. Generally just parts swapping. Paint, cutting (aside from light plastic removal to facilitate cohesive assembly) and sculpting need not apply. These are straight-up customs.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Huh, I've never heard "kitbash" described that way (as limited to only swapping parts from other lines).

Swapping a Duke head onto an Airborne body, for instance.

^
This is what I always thought too...swapping legs,heads,even webgear is what I think of when I think kitbashing,even if it's 100% joe parts..once that paint comes out...you got yourself a custom.