Slaymaker's Modern Dreadnoks - Road Pig

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Another custom using SDS parts...ROAD PIG!!!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The SDS head looks good painted up, but I feel like either the torso needs some flesh tone applied at the neck/collar and maybe lower arms to create the illusion of a shirt, or the entire torso needs to be painted so he's shirtless and it matches his head. (If you're not done, maybe this was an initial WIP?)

I don't feel like Road Pig is the type to wear a skin-tight dark turtleneck/bodysuit. :)

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I appreciate the feedback...perhaps I should paint his neck and give the shirt a collar...good idea. I still have that color fleshtone mixed up. :D

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
OK Rex - I am about to have you over to help paint Road Pig's elbows flesh color. The black worked out fine, but the flesh is not as happy...

Almost done with the update - he is now rocking a short sleeved black UnderArmour t-shirt. :D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
You could even do mid-arm... Like mid forearm, like the sleeve is fitted, but there's a cuff just below the elbow, so you don't have to worry about the elbow joint.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
You could even do mid-arm... Like mid forearm, like the sleeve is fitted, but there's a cuff just below the elbow, so you don't have to worry about the elbow joint.

Too late. :D

It will all work out and thanks for the idea - he does look better now. ;)

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
i like your group...whos the little pipsqueak in the back?...can we get a better look at her?

Zartan's Daughter - Zanya - from the Devil's Due comics.

I need to take more pics of her and the rest of the gang... there are many more I have done...but would love to hear you guys' ideas on making them better. :D

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Speaking of Zanya. Is she made from a Clone Wars Padme. I have tried her before but always a fail with her head. That head looks pretty good. I would maybe try to sculpt a few dreads though.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
yes and her braids sort of look like dreads....I need to take some better pics...

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I like your take on these figures Slaymaker. Not some meat head carrying around a cinder block but a diesel bad guy with a big gun. They all look much better like this IMO. I would like to see the updated photos when you have some time. The shirt painting would really make the figure look a little more realistic. That all black almost looks like an operative and this guy should just be in front of a squad mowing things down. You did a great job on painting the head too. Very nice work.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Thanks, MB.

I hope to have time to take some more pics tonight...I will make a thread for each of my noks and see if you all have any ideas on making them better.