Source Figures For WarHammer 40K Tau

BotchB

The Unwashed
May 9, 2013
Deepest Derbyshire, UK
Not sure if this should be here or in Other Toys?

I am looking for suitable figures to provide a starting point for some Tau Fire Warriors, form the Games Workshop WarHammer 40K universe. I can do quite extensive conversion work but need a figures which starts somewhere close...

The photos show what they are supposed to look like - normally the helmet is worn but leader figures are often portrayed with them off to make them distinctive.

Ideas welcomed - for figures and weapons.

Thanks

Attachments

• firewarrior_revisited_by_masteralighieri-d373lot.jpg
    firewarrior_revisited_by_masteralighieri-d373lot.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 15
  • TauFireWarrior.jpg
    TauFireWarrior.jpg
    616.3 KB · Views: 18
  • trps1.jpg
    trps1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 13

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Pursuit of Cobra Destro might be a good start as well.

BotchB

The Unwashed
May 9, 2013
Deepest Derbyshire, UK
Thanks guys.

Destro does look promising - now all I need are 8 at a sensible price!

Budo - help please, who he? I tried a search in the The Archivist's archive but no result (brilliant idea by the way - the archive)?

BotchB

The Unwashed
May 9, 2013
Deepest Derbyshire, UK
Budo - Ah! Got it - yes - scope there, and there are some other Tau troops which look even more like this! I'm in the UK so 5 bellow wont work, unless I get a friend in Brooklyn on the case.

I will also try a search over here. I need to get hold of just one to look at and experiment with.

Destro - Amazon UK have one for £83 GB pounds!!!!!

Tx again.

Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
You might also look at the 25th Wraith figure -

Maybe a Pit Commando armor as a base for over the arms and chest -

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Budo - Ah! Got it - yes - scope there, and there are some other Tau troops which look even more like this! I'm in the UK so 5 bellow wont work, unless I get a friend in Brooklyn on the case.

I will also try a search over here. I need to get hold of just one to look at and experiment with.

Destro - Amazon UK have one for £83 GB pounds!!!!!

Tx again.

Between Five Belows and Tuesday Mornings someone here in the States should be able to help you out. On the Budo, at least. Most people here couldn't find Destro when he came out so we're just as much out of luck as you are.