Submit Questions for TofuJesse!

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
We're going to be submitting questions to TofuJesse to answer for a Front Page Article (yes, we have a Front Page), and we would love for you guys to take the opportunity to contribute!

So, if you have any questions, feel free to ask away as it might get submitted to TofuJesse. We do ask that questions asking if he can make specific parts be directed to the thread that is already taking requests, and showcasing some of his current offerings:

Castings by Tofujesse

However, that doesn't mean you can't ask questions wanting to know if he's going to expand his current catalog to include "types" or "areas" of items/accessories/etc... that you have yet to see him venture into.

Ask away!

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Here's my question(s):

Jesse, as a relatively new kid on the block to casting(compared to larger/longer established places), how do you accomplish such a fast turnaround time? What do you do that other casting sources don't do, that keeps you from getting bogged down, with the amount of orders you seem to be getting?

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
Here's my question(s):

Jesse, as a relatively new kid on the block to casting(compared to larger/longer established places), how do you accomplish such a fast turnaround time? What do you do that other casting sources don't do, that keeps you from getting bogged down, with the amount of orders you seem to be getting?

Jesse has been casting for quite some time now from what I understand

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Q1. What is your short term and long term goals as a caster?

Q2. Do you have plans to do complete torso's or even complete figures one day?

Q3. I know you have the flicker account started by Med, when do you expect to have an actual store and web site up and running?

Q4. What got you into casting?

Q5. How many hours do you spend a week working on molds?

That's everything I got so far. If you need to edit them or make them more/less wordy or combine with others questions... that's cool.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Q - After getting your product and seeing the excellent quality, this made me wonder how long you take cleaning each part after you remove it from the mold? Or do your casts come out relatively flashless as they appear to be?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Q - have you ever done the (excuse my ignorance for the right name) shrink casting? Is it possible in the future to maybe get some larger scale items shrunk down, maybe something like He-man's power sword or DC Darkseid's head?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Q - Are you planning to stick with repro items for the foreseeable future, or are there any plans to branch out into new/original sculpts?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Jesse.

I still want to send the W2 Roadblock vest for you to cast. PM me with your address and I will have it out in a couple of weeks.

Not a question...but I figured he'd see it better here.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Q: Why do you reek of so much Awesome? Can this Awesome be bottled and sold?