SW Black 501st Commander

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Ok, I absolutely love the Tatooine Sand Troopers from a New Hope. Mainly because it's such a contrast from the uniformity of regular ST's. So when I saw they were the first trooper to be released in the Black line, I was ecstatic.

So thanks to Amazon, I've been able to get a few for less than market price. So since I had a few, I figured I would paint up one to the 501st design, while still maintaining that this commander has served many years for the Empire. And wore his battle scars and grime with pride.

Also, I added different levels of dirt to the other troops. Just to break up the uniformity a bit.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I was thinking of getting a couple for my office and painting the shoulderpads.. didn't think about changing up the dirtiness, nice move. I love the 501st one.. any others planned?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was thinking of getting a couple for my office and painting the shoulderpads.. didn't think about changing up the dirtiness, nice move. I love the 501st one.. any others planned?

I reckon he should do a Shadow Stormtrooper.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Ohhh that sounds enticing KT. Depending on the next week or so I might pick up another for that.

And Joe, I'm fiddling around with a few ideas. Might have to wait until the regular ST before I jump

Buuuuut the more I think about it, the better the Shadow Trooper sounds....

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Nice, Matt. I have 3, which I plan on making the pauldron colors - orange, white, and black. Other than that, I'll weather them a little.

I'm really hoping they make the phase 1 Clone, so I can make an ARC trooper.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I was just looking at the new clones they've made with the new body and was thinking.. they better not make a 6" one or my marriage will be in trouble, lol.