UP THE HILL!!!DIO

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
South of Atlanta---North of Macon
Hey yall!!! I got a new dio I hope yall like!!!---RED---
As the 2nd battlion 8th Marines (2/8) leave the support of the companys tanks behind to take the highlands of Saipan, Fox co. sends out a 4 man fire team to find a way through the tight draws to the peak of MT.Tapotchau!!!
PVT.Smith(Smitty)---Ill take point!
PVT. Hagenshire(Dizzy)--- Hell! You can have it.
1st SGT McHugh(Digger)---How 'bout yall shut yer mouths and keep a look out!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As the fire team heads up the draw they hear the sound of a Jap knee mortar fireing. Before anyone has time to act the 1st round goes off.

1st SGT.McHugh yells--- COVER ME!!!
as McHugh runs up , he grabs Dizzy and with the help of PVT Bellochi(BELL)they pull him to safty.

Bell pulls Dizzy to cover and tends to him as Digger heads back to help Smitty. On his way back they hear the sound of another Knee mortar being fired.
Bell yells---IN-COME'N!!!

Digger is knocked to the ground from the blast but has some how remained un-hurt. With his bell rung and a loud ringing in his ears he picks himself up and makes his way toward SMITTY.

Last edited:

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
McHugh regains his senses and begins pulling Smitty to safety while Bell calls for a Corpsman. As McHugh helps Smitty, he hears Smitty trying to speak but cant understand what he is saying.
McHugh---save yer breath buddy,you can tell me later.

McHugh is begining to make a little head way when the sound of a 3rd round from a Knee Mortar is heard. Praying that he has got Smitty far enough into cover the round hits with a thunderous bang.

McHugh is knocked down again but this time he and Smitty are far enough from the blast range that he is able to get up quickly and help Smitty.

Doc.Sanders heard the calls for help and ran up the fireswept hill to reach McHugh and Smitty and began helping move Smitty to safety.

With Smitty in the clear,Doc rolled him over to see the damage done by the mortar round. Smitty was trying to talk but no one cold make out what he was saying. He had wounds to his face ,chest, stomach,and both legs. Dizzy was up but had a slight concussion and was haveing blurry eyesight.
Two stretcher bearers came up to carry Smitty down as Bell check out McHugh.

Last edited:

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
The two stretcher bears begain to carry Smitty down the hill while Doc dumped sulfur in to Smittys wounds. Praying for the best Doc gives him some morphine and told the stretchers bears to take himm stright to the field hospital.

McHugh Moves over to get his rifle he dropped.
McHugh--- Alright boys pick up yer gear.
Bell---What do you want to do???
McHugh---We cant make it up threw is way, the little yellow bastards have this spot zero'd in. Lets get Dizzy down to the aid station and re-group.
Bell---Aya Aye sir.
McHugh---You going be able to walk down on yer own Dizzy???
Dizzy---Yeah, Ill be alright. You think Smitty will be o.k.???
Bell---Yeah,Im sure he will.Hes one tuff sombitch.
McHugh, who was and old salt seen wounds like that before and knew Smitty had a slim chance of makeing it. But it didnt stop him from praying for the old boy even if it might be in vein.
McHugh---we'll check on him before we head back out.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Always bringing the A-game.

How'd you do the explosions, just dropping/throwing debris into frame as the self-timer goes off?

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Always bringing the A-game.

How'd you do the explosions, just dropping/throwing debris into frame as the self-timer goes off?

Thanks brother!!! I use firecrackers for the explosions!!! I just buried them under loose dirt and rock and would place the Marines in the scene and lite!!! The firecrackes that I use are something like a M-80 and when you lite them they make a noise when the fuse burns and get quit just before they blow-up!!! I have a setting on my camra that will take 7-8 pics with just 1 push of the button!!! I just lite the fuse and focus on the scene and push the button when the fuse goes quit---then I pick out the best pic and trash the others!!!
I have tried the drop dirt from above method but I cant make look like I want it to---the pic always comes out like dirt is falling from above!!! Thanks again!!!---RED---

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, i've considered trying fireworks, but other than the auction function i can't get a rapid-fire on my camera.

It's a great effect, though. Makes me want to do some tests about simulating rotor wash and smoke with talcum powder.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The firecrackers is sheer genius RED! You always come up with great ways to get effects. The story came out fine. I'm just curious if there will be a second part showing them going a different route and finding the mortar position. They need to retaliate for their homie.

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
The firecrackers is sheer genius RED! You always come up with great ways to get effects. The story came out fine. I'm just curious if there will be a second part showing them going a different route and finding the mortar position. They need to retaliate for their homie.

Dont worry brother---its comeing!!!;)---RED---

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks brother!!! I have the pics already but Ive got a few things to build 1st so the story will flow together!!! I was hopeing for a little more feedback about the story!!! Rick and NAS got me to thinking about with theirs---so I thought Id give it a try!!! If it sucks or if yall like it let me know---I can take it!!!:D---RED---

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I think the story works fine RED. It is a slow play right now with enough action to get you really into it. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Revenge shall be sweet. Of course you know I love to see some blood. That's just how I roll.

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks brother!!! Im trying to get a hand on getting a story out of my dios right now!!! I have jumped around so much in the story I have to go and make "filler" dios to make the whole story come together!!!
The Jap gets whats comeing to him---(IMOHO)I thing its 1 of my best dead Nipps Ive done!!!;)---RED---

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Amazing, you're using real ordinance. WTF

Hey brother!!! Yeah---its pretty easy to do!!! ;) You just need to have the camera set up and ready to go when you light the firecracker!!! Rapid fire setting on the camera is key,you might take 7-8 pics and use only 1 but that 1 should look pretty good!!! Thanks again---RED---

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
you should do an over the hill dio. just a bunch of old guys hanging out on a front porch.
nyuh nyuh

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Damn, I thought I'd already commented on this.
Great sequence, RED! Your outdoor locations are always perfect, and the fact that you use real fire and explosives during your shoots is just freaking awesome. :D

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis