Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Vortious, ever thought about making that Baroness shown in the long skirt a store item? And any chance of getting a pic of it with female torso # 13?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Vortious, ever thought about making that Baroness shown in the long skirt a store item? And any chance of getting a pic of it with female torso # 13?

You mean Ms Hand? Yes, but I need to make a mold of the modded Fem torso 18 w/o the pouch on the hip, so I don't have to cut it off every time.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I've got one, or two loads left for the orders from Sunday through Wednesday of WE6-7-14. The last half of that week wasn't too too heavy, so I'm thinking that I should be done by Monday night.

This week's special is in honor of father's day. All items in the weapons, and tools section are $.50 less than they were.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I'm getting ready to head down in just a few minutes to take out the last 2 loads of parts for the first half of WE 6-7, and put another run of 4 loads in for the last half of that week. Once those are in I'll sort out the parts I have done for the first half of that week, and categorize the orders for WE 6-14.

Don't forget that you guys only have 2 more weeks to get your orders in before I'm closed for July.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
So as always I'm trying to add more, and more variety to the color choices for my store. So on a whim I tried making gold items. After all I've gotten pretty comfortable w/ the silver coloring, and the new formulation that I had to do for that to work out right. The colorants that I use for silver softens the plastics, so I had to mess w/ the formulation a little for a more sturdy result. Here's the results.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
All but one order from WE 6-7-14 are made, and sorted. The one that isn't done yet was mostly 14 HoAs, and I have 4 of those left to make, so hopefully that one will be done in the next couple of days. In the mean time I'm starting work on the orders for WE 6-14-14. I'll be taking the first 3 loads of parts for WE 6-14-14 out in about an hour, and then I'll put the next 2 loads of pieces for WE 6-14-14 in. I have some molds I want to get in tonight too, so those, and the next HoA will be the other 2 loads for tonight. 6-14-14 wasn't nearly as large a week for orders as 6-7 was, so I should be all done 6-14's orders hopefully by Wednesday. Then I'll get started on the orders from this week WE 6-21-14.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
The gold stuff looks great man...the armor especially...

Thanks Eddie, I've always wanted to cast in gold plastics ever since I first started. I'm so glad I was finally able to find colorings, and a formula that can finally allow for that.

Don't forget guys I'm closing next Saturday night/ Sunday morning for the month of July, and I'll reopen August 3rd.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I've had a few of you guys who order with your smart phones telling me that you can't get past the first page when looking at the categories. Well through several communications with ecrater explaining this issue I finally got them to resolve it. They said just fixed it about 15 minutes ago, so you guys should be able to browse not only my store, but all of the ecrater stores on your smart phones easier now.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Did you mod this head to fit the Joe neck?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Awesome. I may grab one in the near future. Still looking to round out an order.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Let's fix the MI figures:

First let's fix Hulk:

What's wrong w/ him? His arm bracers are too soft, and therefore too loose, and they just fall off:

Stop on by VCA, and grab a set of Monster's arm bracers, and the ones I make will hold their positioning:

How about the Ares that just came out? Great that they finally made him right? Too bad he's got the wrong sword (mine doesn't even hold his sword right), the helmet isn't removable, and he doesn't have his leather banding on his left arm. Mine even had a bad application of the face shadow:

So grab the simplified War god upgrade kit:

Paint his eyes white w/ some pupils if you'd like. Then just paint his hair, and helmet, and voila he ready for battle

Now how about Mr. Pym? No antennas on his helmet, and it doesn't come off. How's he gonna kiss Janet if he can't get his helmet off? Huh? He isn't.

first let's fix the need to remove his helmet, by either grabbing the MC Bug Guy set on my site, or getting a Dollar General GI Joe Duke, and then if you got Duke instead of ordering the MC Bug Guy set you still need a helmet. So grab the MC Bug Guy helmet.

Problem solved

All fixed

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Let's fix the MI figures:

First let's fix Hulk:

What's wrong w/ him? His arm bracers are too soft, and therefore too loose, and they just fall off:

Stop on by VCA, and grab a set of Monster's arm bracers, and the ones I make will hold their positioning:

How about the Ares that just came out? Great that they finally made him right? Too bad he's got the wrong sword (mine doesn't even hold his sword right), the helmet isn't removable, and he doesn't have his leather banding on his left arm. Mine even had a bad application of the face shadow:

So grab the simplified War god upgrade kit:

Paint his eyes white w/ some pupils if you'd like. Then just paint his hair, and helmet, and voila he ready for battle

Now how about Mr. Pym? No antennas on his helmet, and it doesn't come off. How's he gonna kiss Janet if he can't get his helmet off? Huh? He isn't.

first let's fix the need to remove his helmet, by either grabbing the MC Bug Guy set on my site, or getting a Dollar General GI Joe Duke, and then if you got Duke instead of ordering the MC Bug Guy set you still need a helmet. So grab the MC Bug Guy helmet.

Problem solved

All fixed

Those are some cool updates. Enjoyed the way you presented them with your write-up's. :thumbsup:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Those are some cool updates. Enjoyed the way you presented them with your write-up's. :thumbsup:

Thanks I wrote this up, and posted it in a couple of forums where not everyone posting there is usually a customizer, and I wanted to let them know that they didn't have to settle for the figures they bought as is. Even the most casual customizer, or even someone who's never really customized at all can order these, and fix what's wrong w/ these great figures. I want to try to make customizing at least somewhat more within the comfort level of guys who've never really thought about being able to do customs themselves. That's why I try to offer sets for characters whenever possible. Not only for increased sales, but also to get more people to give this art form a try. It starts with a simple little upgrade set, and before you know it they're buying green stuff, and trying sculpting. Plastic crack dealer logic.:thumbsup:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Don't forget that I close tonight at midnight for the month of July, and won't reopen until Sunday August 3rd.

Once it looks like I reopen in August I'll be doing this as my full time job. My regular job announced a few months ago that they were closing my department so that they can save .2% of the cost of the prescriptions they sell. (Those who know what company I'm talking about please don't post the name of it as part of the severance agreement requires a certain amount of nondisclosure about the situation) It took them from February through the end of April beginning of May to really figure out what all that was going to mean for the associates in our department. So even though they did offer us positions in other areas of the distribution center I got to thinking about what one of our former GMs used to say at the town hall meetings about how the distribution centers cost the company money, and that if the company could get the products to the stores w/o the DCs they would. So seeing as how they've found a way to get the RX stuff to the store w/o DC associates by having the company that supplied our DC with the RX products send them straight to the store, I got to thinking that IF I was a drug store company and wanted to cut costs in the supply chain where would I start, and what would I start with? The first thing I'd do is make sure my RX products were still going to be delivered to the stores. They've done that. Then I'd find a way to supply the stores w/ the front end, or main store products (shampoo, toothpaste, toys, sodas etc.), and that's easy enough to do, just have amazon, or some other logistics/ distribution company supply it. So as I was saying though they offered myself, and my wife, and the rest of the associates in our department jobs out in the rest of the DC I doubt that the DC is going to be open for more than a couple of more years anyway. So we're taking the severance package that they're offering us, and going all in on running my business. With more time to run the business I'll be offering new custom services, and running sales more often, and I have several other money making ideas that I plan on incorporating into the store. My biggest issues w/ this whole situation as of right now is that 1) I don't know exactly when mine, and my wife's last day will be at work, and 2) I have to find a way to have health insurance, partly due to "Obama care", and partly due to it being the responsible thing for a husband, and father to provide his family with. The second I think I can have covered with a part time job I've been looking into, and the first is looking like it'll be right around when I go on vacation next month. Which is why I said that this will probably be my full time job starting in August.

Now I don't tell you guys this for sympathy orders, or anything like that. Business has been going really well thanks in no small part to the great customers, and contributors that I have working with me, and I have had allot of growth in sales especially over the last year, and a half, so just keep ordering like you have been, and keep spreading the word about how awesome my store is like you guys have been, and VCA will continue to grow, and be able to supply your customizing needs for years to come.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Daaaaang!...that's some serious MR book material right there :trollface:

Seriously though, good luck man...I hope everything works out for ya!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Daaaaang!...that's some serious MR book material right there :trollface:

Seriously though, good luck man...I hope everything works out for ya!

MR book? I looked it up, and found some things, but not sure any of them have anything to do with what I posted.

As for the current situation I'm sure that as long as I keep moving in the direction I have been then things will work out even better than they would have if I'd of stayed at my regular job.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
"MR book" = a combination of Mandingo Rex's propensity for lengthy/wordy responses and Eddie's for having his ADD kick in and losing interest in same.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
"MR book" = a combination of Mandingo Rex's propensity for lengthy/wordy responses and Eddie's for having his ADD kick in and losing interest in same.

OH. OK.

So I should have split it into 3, or 4 separate posts, and that might keep Eddie's interest?:trollface:

Seriously though I just wanted to let you guys know what's going in my life, and business right now, and that though things would look bad for most people in this kind of situation, I honestly think that what's going on right now is the best possible thing that could be going on. My dad is kind of on the fence about it. On one hand he says that he thinks I'll be successful, and then in the next breath he says he doesn't know how my wife, and I will make it. Great pep talk dad:thumbsup:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
At least your dad cares enough to comment at all:D mine is a straight doucher.

I for one am very impressed by the items you cast,and the improvements you've made on the parts you've shown. I can't wait to get the parts back from you,and have some of your work in my collection. I have a pretty select,and relatively small collection,so that should say a lot!!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks I can't wait to get to making molds again, and cast those parts you sent. I have so many great items that have come in in the last few months, and I had an idea the other day for a set for anyone who liked Reptil from Super Hero Squad, and the set can also be used for Beast Boy.

About 30 minutes left guys if you haven't gotten your last orders for June in get them in. I'll be closing, and then heading down to the workshop at midnight.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Don't feel bad Eddie I have ADD too. all of my kids have it to, but they seem to have the ADHD. I can't tell you how many times I've found my mind wandering when I knew I was supposed to be doing something else.

Well guys I closed the store a little while ago, hope you all got what you needed for now, and I can't wait to get reopened for you all again in August.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I reckon you didnt get the MU arms in the store in time?

No sorry I didn't. I do have a mold of them, but I've had some issues w/ them. For some reason they don't want to turn out right. I had an entire figure cast in silver, but I think the silver plastic is a little too brittle, or something, because the shoulder to bicep pegs both snapped (which is odd because the female silver figure I made turned out great, maybe I just didn't lube the joint pieces enough on the male shoulders, I don't know I thought maybe air bubbles, but nope they just snapped). Then the shoulder to torso pegs that I've made in red haven't turned out sturdy enough (they keep feeling kind of rubbery, not good for joints, and then the ones that did turn out the right hardness in another run had air bubbles, and snapped), but that's why I experiment on my own projects before placing items into the store. I'll have them, and LOTS more when I reopen in August.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
First day closed, and already 2 new developments.

1) I've got a new kit in the works for the "AC" side of the store. The Amazing Robot kit

2) And this is the one I'm really the most excited about as I've been trying to figure this out for almost the entire time I've been open. CLEAR SOFT PLASTIC!!!!! Sure I've made capes for people in clear colored soft plastic, but it's always been colored never just clear. I ordered a trial size of a different plastic than I usually use that is of a similar type to what I have been using for my capes, but when I mixed it up even though both parts were clear it turned opaque white, and was MUCH harder than the plastic that I thought it was going to be more like. So I thought that I had wasted my money entirely, but then I had a thought while mixing up some black plastic for another run of the ladies sport coat, and some other soft items. What if I took the clear part A of this new plastic, and mix it with the clear part B of the soft plastic like I do for the harder clear plastic where I mix the clear part A of a much harder plastic w/ the clear part B of the soft plastic. The result was this:

I've also gotten several first runs of Stocos items in, and I'll be getting those into the store before I reopen.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Amazo rocked on Young Justice. So did Sportsmaster.

I have a Jason Hockey mask so Sports Master might also be a possible kit, just need more sporting goods.

Ok so yesterday I tested out a theory in the bottom of a cup for a new flexible plastic that can be made into CLEAR capes, not yellowish clear, but actually white clear like the Astral form Dr Strange (which for some reason I can't seem to locate at the moment, he's in a box somewhere down in the workshop just not sure which one, but anyways...).

comparison w/ other clear plastics (It's even better than my clear hard plastic)

Draped over Iron Man you can see pretty much every detail of his armor right through it.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I've been playing w/ this cape, and pulling, and trying to stretch it to see what it's stress tolerance is, and it seems to be a VERY good soft plastic. Better than the plastic that I had been using for the capes, and such. So since I've had problems w/ jackets, trench coats, and especially the long skirt ripping I'm going to be replacing the other plastic with this one. I actually pulled on the cape from both sides almost as hard as I could, and it wouldn't stress rip. IF I'm right then I've finally not only found a nice clear soft plastic mixture, but also a soft plastic that is on par w/ the materials that the bigger companies use.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Heard about the vortious customs site and this one a few days ago from another member and ordered some female arms, hands, legs and feet. But Where was this package on the Vortious customs site?

View attachment 7876

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Heard about the vortious customs site and this one a few days ago from another member and ordered some female arms, hands, legs and feet. But Where was this package on the Vortious customs site?

View attachment 7876

There is a build a female figure kit package Build a female figure

Any female head (regular Female heads, or the Female heads 2.0 w/ flexible hair), any female torso, a set of arms (I'll be developing a couple of additional sets of arms soon), your choice of legs (regular, or bare), your choice of hands, and your choice of feet for $45. Then if you order the figure kit assembly (I have it listed as suited figure assembly right now) for $10 I'll put it together for you. However you'll have to wait until I reopen in August. I'm going on vacation later this month, and I want to get not only all of the orders from last month filled by then, but I have a large metric ton of boxes of parts to make molds of that I want to try to get done by then.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
There is a build a female figure kit package Build a female figure

Any female head (regular Female heads, or the Female heads 2.0 w/ flexible hair), any female torso, a set of arms (I'll be developing a couple of additional sets of arms soon), your choice of legs (regular, or bare), your choice of hands, and your choice of feet for $45. Then if you order the figure kit assembly (I have it listed as suited figure assembly right now) for $10 I'll put it together for you. However you'll have to wait until I reopen in August. I'm going on vacation later this month, and I want to get not only all of the orders from last month filled by then, but I have a large metric ton of boxes of parts to make molds of that I want to try to get done by then.

Thanks for the response. I'm currently working on a story line crossing the Planet of the Apes Universe with the Joe, SW and TF Universes and have decided to use the heads of Scarlett and Ret Lady Jaye to create a pair of human pets for Dr Zaius, who works for Cobra as an associate of Mindbender. Am looking for a body parts to make a furry bikini and maybe a collar for Lady Jaye. Already have ordered a body for Scarlett. That bikini body might just work for that, if the Bikini can be made to look like something worn by a human enslaved by apes in the original Heston POTA movies. The customs will be posted on deviant art under deviant: CobraOffficer999.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for the response. I'm currently working on a story line crossing the Planet of the Apes Universe with the Joe, SW and TF Universes and have decided to use the heads of Scarlett and Ret Lady Jaye to create a pair of human pets for Dr Zaius, who works for Cobra as an associate of Mindbender. Am looking for a body parts to make a furry bikini and maybe a collar for Lady Jaye. Already have ordered a body for Scarlett. That bikini body might just work for that, if the Bikini can be made to look like something worn by a human enslaved by apes in the original Heston POTA movies. The customs will be posted on deviant art under deviant: CobraOffficer999.

Sounds really cool.