Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
No, not really , but then there was the whole issue of the back of the 26 being bare, and the 34 is a fully covered torso

In shipping rate news:
Shipping rates have been a fairly constant question my whole time running my store, and up until now I've often been baffled at the prices that some people were getting charged. So when one of my customers from the UK got hit with a charge of $39 for shipping for 4 items I was baffled. So I took the question to ecrater, and they told me what I had done wrong in the options that caused the issue.

So going forward the shipping charges SHOULD be lower than they have been. So I want to say a big thank you to Mr Mark Smart for bringing this to my attention, and helping me to find the answer for an issue for all of my customers.

So, I guess I go for the Shorter Gi/torso combo. Thanx.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
So you want the 34 instead of the 26 that I have already packed, and ready to ship out to you?

Has it been mailed yet? If not, I was trying to get as close to her appearance as possible. If you've mailed it already, Either way is OK. The Only varients I can think of in the possible versions are the Gi and bust sizes, though 34 would, in my mind, be closer.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Has it been mailed yet? If not, I was trying to get as close to her appearance as possible. If you've mailed it already, Either way is OK. The Only varients I can think of in the possible versions are the Gi and bust sizes, though 34 would, in my mind, be closer.

Nope it is in the box of orders that are set to be mailed tomorrow, but I'll take it out, and switch out the 26 for a 34.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Guys, I really need your help. I'm dying here. The week is half over, and I only have $65 in my Paypal account. I've only had 3 orders so far this week 2 of which were for a single head each, and the other was a nice $105 order. I had to order some materials out of that which cost me $65. So I've spent half of what I brought in. I have boxes, and boxes of awesome items that friends have sent me just waiting to get molds made of them, but I can't afford the mold rubber needed to make the molds. I have over 300 likes on Face Book. If each one of you spent just $10 in my store per week I'd have $3000 a week coming in. I do everything I can to take care of my customers, my friends. You all know that when you contact me with a concern I do everything within my power to help you out. This is all the money my family has coming in right now despite our best efforts.

I've been putting in for jobs, and looking into "money making opportunities" for over a month, and one of those "opportunities" turned out as I told you guys to be a scam, and so far all of the other ones that I've found were also just scams. Then I went for an interview for a warehouse job last week, and 5 minutes after I got home I got the email every job seeker dreads. "We can't further consider your application". I'm trying everything that I can including selling customs on ebay. I have freebie specials every day of the week except Sunday which is when I put out the new weekly special offers. I really don't know what else to do, except let you guys know that I really need your help. Right now I'm looking for part time jobs, so that I can still do this for you guys, but I've promised my wife that if I can't find a part time job, and the business doesn't start picking up by the end of this month I'm going to start looking for a full time job which MIGHT very well mean the end of VCA.

I thought that doing the Halloween special starting back in the end of August would get you guys ordering, but no. The last week I had more than just barely enough to pay the rent come in after shipping, and taxes was the last week in August. I post the new items I have in the store, and you guys seem really excited for them, and then look at them 50 to 100 times, or more, but you don't click buy. I've had 135 views on the Monkey Hitman kit since October 1st, and yet I haven't had a single set sell.

I love doing this for you guys, and I really enjoy seeing what you guys make from what I send you, but I'm at the point right now that if things keep going like this, I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to do this.

Even if everyone of my 300 facebook fans just bought 1 $4 head per week (granted you'd be paying almost as much for the shipping since it's $3.25) I'd have $1200 a week coming in. Don't get me wrong I love seeing those larger orders which is one of the reasons I offer the buyer incentives w/ the free items when you spend $20, or $30, or $50, but at this point I'd love to see all 300 of you guys just order even 1 head each. I know money is tight for everyone right now, but even the smallest orders when there's enough of them coming in can really add up. I'm not asking for charity, I'm just asking you guys to buy the items that you want.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys don't forget today is Freebie Friday so you get an extra head w/ every $10 you spend. Also don't forget about the other continuous specials going on. At $30 if you mention the RvsB challenge you get a free weapon or tool, at $50 increments you get a mystery chest w/ a possibility of getting a gold color cast head or item worth a $20 free order, and as I said Sunday you get a free head of your choice at $50. So at $50 you get 6 free heads of your choice, a mystery chest, and a free weapon or tool of your choice in addition to the $50 worth of items you order. So at $4 a head, up to $10 for the weapon, and the mystery item is usually a head so that's another $4 you get about $38 worth of stuff for free when you spend $50 w/ a possibility of getting a gold cast item in the chest for another $20. So if you get that then for $50 you're getting $58 worth of stuff for free. Not a bad deal huh?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Dennis, I'm sorry to hear it's getting rough for you. I know I just sent something in for molding but don't feel you have to jump on it right away if things are tight. Whenever it's ready and you can make copies is cool and I WILL be placing an order for a few other items at that same time.

I'm sure it's safe to say we ALL appreciate what you do. You offer a great range of items and provide kick-ass customer service!

To everyone who is reading this, get off the fence and place your order now! :)

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
What he said! I'm looking forward to my first order to arrive myself!! I've seen several things on there that I'd like to get afterwards!! I'm kinda afraid of overwhelming you with some crazy big order,as well as myself with more stuff then I have time to use,lol.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Of all the people I want to buy more stuff from right now, you are the top guy, V...not because you need it (though that is incentive), but because you genuinely have the stuff that I want. You're making the products for the customs I want to make. Unfortunately, I already have more than I can handle on my plate as it is, let alone buying more to pile on top of it. It's gotten so overwhelming that I've considered selling off every piece of fodder I have and never looking back. But the thought of regret weighs heavily.

So believe me when I say this, I hope you make it, for selfless AND selfish reasons. I want to see the community succeed and I want you to be there when and if I'm ready to crank more stuff out. :D

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I thought I posted the thank you to all of my customers who have REALLY stepped up the last couple of days on the other sites like I did on FB, but I guess not. The community of customizers as a whole is one that really knows how to back their friends. This week turned around in a HUGE way, and I am very, very grateful to all of you for your support.

However don't just hit my store, the other casters are often in similar situations. Believe it or not though we are kind of in competition, allot of us are also friends, and talk from time to time. What would be really great to see is for everyone to pick their favorite 4, or 5 caster sites, and hit each of them up for a $5-$10 order every week, or every other week. I know that times are rough for everyone right now which is why I ask that everyone just put a small order in with their favorite casters. $5 to $10 might not sound like allot, but it adds up quickly when a couple hundred orders of $5-$10 show up.

Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey buds, do you ship to Canada? Also looking for a folded back hood cast. Didn't find one on your site.
Also interested in a cast of the sol commanders helmet.

Edit: disregard I see that you do ship to Canada.

I think I do have a folded back hood somewhere I just never made a mold of it. As for the SOL Commander helmet I haven't gotten any of the Acid Rain figs, so I don't have that. I'll see if I can find the folded back hood though.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
This week's special is Freebie Friday Every Day. So for every $10 you spend you get one $5, or less head for free. This is ON TOP OF the other current specials for each day, and the ongoing specials. So at $50 you get 5 free heads, plus a mystery chest, plus a free weapon or tool (since you're over $30), plus what ever the daily special is that day.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Just ordered 5 of your chairs. Do you cast tables, BTW? I also wonder if you cast Medieval Troops (Knights, Caviellers, Janisarries, Longbowmen, Etc)? I have wanted to take a wack at making King Arthur and His Knights as Joe size customs for a while, but have never really encountered any examples of knights in Joe scale. I think that the Knights of The Round Table would make for swell 3.75 inch customs.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I do have some knight figures that I've been thinking about hacking up, and modding, but I need to clear more of my new item docket before I work on such a project.

I made a knight custom a few years ago using the Extremis Iron Man figure painted silver w/ a tunic. This knight wears all 3 of the family crest I've found for my last name:

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
The family coat of arms was a good Idea. I might make an additional figure using an old family crest. How did you do his crested tunic&shield?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
The tunic is cloth w/ the crests hand painted on, the belt as much as I hate to admit it is electrical tape (now a days I'd probably just cast one of the ones from my store), and the shield is a WWII Cap shield w/ the crest hand painted onto it. The black outline, and detailing was done using an Ultra Fine Sharpie.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Today gets you 3 items, at $10 or less each, if you order more than $30. AND you get 3 free heads because of the "Freebie Friday Every Day" promotion.

$30 can net you about $70-some worth of stuff if you do the math right, guys.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Today gets you 3 items, at $10 or less each, if you order more than $30. AND you get 3 free heads because of the "Freebie Friday Every Day" promotion.

$30 can net you about $70-some worth of stuff if you do the math right, guys.

Might need to make my 1st order...i need a couple torso,sets....

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys don't forget that w/ today being Freebie Friday, and this week being Freebie Friday everyday that mean that you get 2 $5 or less heads for every $10 you spend, so for every $20 you get your choice of 4 free head, $50 you get 10 free heads, and that is in addition to the other deals like the RvsB challenge deal for 1 free weapon on orders of $30, or more, and the mystery chests at $50.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Hey guys don't forget that w/ today being Freebie Friday, and this week being Freebie Friday everyday that mean that you get 2 $5 or less heads for every $10 you spend, so for every $20 you get your choice of 4 free head, $50 you get 10 free heads, and that is in addition to the other deals like the RvsB challenge deal for 1 free weapon on orders of $30, or more, and the mystery chests at $50.

So if I order 2 $10 torsos I get 4 free heads?

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Well,...I got two words...

FUCKING AMAZING !!!!

I had dreams of an all black invasion trooper like the paradrop exclusive,only on the POC shocktrooper mold..kinda a cross between the retaliation paratrooper&invasion trooper. Today my dreams have been realized!!

They'll actually be displayed with the harness&chutes from the invasion trooper. I just wanted to throw one together for these pics:D

If anyone hasn't seen this man's work? It's phenomenal! this figure looks store bought! functions store bought! hands down the best casts I've ever gotten! I picked the BEST fitting legs,and best seemed joints from 10 identical figures to send him,and he did a top notch job delivering!! they go together flawless!

You have a customer for life! I'm fiddna go on your store later tonight,and order a few more things:D I found myself a new flavor plastic crack,and it's delicious!

Guys,get those military legs!! no need to tear up $30 shocktroopers to get those dark joints any more!!

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Well,...I got two words...

FUCKING AMAZING !!!!

I had dreams of an all black invasion trooper like the paradrop exclusive,only on the POC shocktrooper mold..kinda a cross between the retaliation paratrooper&invasion trooper. Today my dreams have been realized!!

They'll actually be displayed with the harness&chutes from the invasion trooper. I just wanted to throw one together for these pics:D

If anyone hasn't seen this man's work? It's phenomenal! this figure looks store bought! functions store bought! hands down the best casts I've ever gotten! I picked the BEST fitting legs,and best seemed joints from 10 identical figures to send him,and he did a top notch job delivering!! they go together flawless!

You have a customer for life! I'm fiddna go on your store later tonight,and order a few more things:D I found myself a new flavor plastic crack,and it's delicious!

Guys,get those military legs!! no need to tear up $30 shocktroopers to get those dark joints any more!!

That trooper looks fucking intimidating. I know he's a 4" figure, but if he was real I'd be crapping my pants seeing him in front of me. Thanks for the kind words, and AWESOME display of parts.

Oh, and guys if you want the knees different colors than the rest of the legs just let me know. The knees, upper, and lower legs are 3 separate molds.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Can those legs be done in a green?

green, OD green, "tan" (more of a light brown though maybe w/ some yellow I can hit tan), brown, white, orange, red, yellow................... you name the color, and I'll make it. That is why I cast to order it takes a little longer than if everything was precast (couple weeks to a month at most), but you guys get what you want in as close to the color you want as possible so there is less need for painting. Because lets face it no matter how good you are paint always rubs some, and it ALWAYS sucks to have that happen.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Ya never know! he could've been the average government employee,half assed inspected the area,and left? Although I'm pretty sure they where fixin to kill him regardless,lol.

I missed your Friday special:( I got caught up in some work around the house...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
^
Ya never know! he could've been the average government employee,half assed inspected the area,and left? Although I'm pretty sure they where fixin to kill him regardless,lol.

I missed your Friday special:( I got caught up in some work around the house...

Whatever happened to that female Shock Trooper torso? I thought it was going to be cast?

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
The pleasure is all mine:D

The torso in question....lol. My favorite thing about it is she fits in both the shocktrooper&night fox tactical vests:D the backpack hole hebrn lines up on the shocktrooper vest like it was made for her.. Feel free to use any photo any way you want too man... I love my new figures! :D

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Very nice bro!

So last week I helped you guys save on heads in addition to the daily deals right? Well what is one of the oldest expressions having to do with money? Hint it has to do with the prices for paintings done by artists in the colonial era. Charging an arm, and a leg. Back then painters would charge more for painting the actual limbs so a painting of you just standing there w/ your hand in your jacket cost less than a full body picture of you that showed your arms, and legs.

So this week I'm going to save you an arm, and a leg....literally. You'll get one free set of arms, and legs for every order of $20 or more. Any order over $20 gets 1 free set of arms AND 1 free set of legs. The set of arms, and set of legs are of your choosing, and so is the color as always.