WARHAMMER 40K

SVT_COBRA

Supercharged Hatred
Feb 26, 2012
NH
Huge fan. Post up your little plastic spacemen/bugs/sissy elves/skeleton robots/and or grumpy green soccer hooligans!

PREPARE FOR MULTIPLE SIMULTANEOUS DEEP STRIKES!!!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Aboot the long and short of my knowledge on 40K: Tyranids.

SVT_COBRA

Supercharged Hatred
Feb 26, 2012
NH
The game is fun if youre nerdy and have some time on your hands. But assembling/painting is a blast IMO. Space Marine is a great console game as well (thats how I got into 40K in the first place)

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
a friend of my friend plays this game religiously. He even sells armies after he paints them professionally for ungodly amounts of money.

His basement is dedicate to 40k. He converted a pool table into a gaming table that is so awesome. He bought a used barber chair that he uses for painting his minis. Many of his armies have been covered in their official newsletter.

SVT_COBRA

Supercharged Hatred
Feb 26, 2012
NH
a friend of my friend plays this game religiously. He even sells armies after he paints them professionally for ungodly amounts of money.

His basement is dedicate to 40k. He converted a pool table into a gaming table that is so awesome. He bought a used barber chair that he uses for painting his minis. Many of his armies have been covered in their official newsletter.

Thats awesome. Ive considered selling them, basically picking up the armies I dont collect and painting and selling them. I mainly concentrate on Orks, and I have a small Ultramarines team Im going to be converting to Black Templars soon. But I just really enjoy painting them and if I can flip em for a profit, what the hell. I do it with cars I may as well do it with little plastic men.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I don't play, but I've amassed a few of the models here and there. Mostly the Forge World ones when they were available in the GW HQ in Maryland (they're not any longer, unfortunately).

Here's a few I'm still working on….

Attachments

• DSC00577.jpg
    DSC00577.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00578.jpg
    DSC00578.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00580.jpg
    DSC00580.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00537.jpg
    DSC00537.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 6

SVT_COBRA

Supercharged Hatred
Feb 26, 2012
NH
I really like the Forge World stuff, Ill be after some soon enough when I fill out my GW wishlist. Definitely need a Thunderhawk, a Squiggoth, and a Titan if I ever feel ambitious.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
The Titans are just too big. The Valks and the Baneblades are pretty damn big. After a while I run out of space for stuff.

SVT_COBRA

Supercharged Hatred
Feb 26, 2012
NH
I know some will call HERESY on this but I quit collecting Joes during Renegades, so that is just more room for 40K as far as Im concerned.

SVT_COBRA

Supercharged Hatred
Feb 26, 2012
NH
Fuck Joes!

I only buy them for parts at this point generally.

Renegades killed it for me. I would like an Ultimate SS, Techno, Airtight, Lifeline, and a cpl others, but once I started on 40K I stopped checking the toy aisle. Then I saw the Retaliation line and that sealed it. If they were movie accurate I would pick them up in a heartbeat but they look like 90s Kenner Alien figures, i.e. like bags of smashed assholes.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Truth. I got the Renegades/30th from HTS, only place I could find them. They're all decent for parts, and I don't hate the Renegades figures, I just don't have any use for them as is really.

Don't even get me started on Retaliation and the Ninjas.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Not going to lie that's Fuckin' cool. What are the figures from?

I am getting back into 40k again but, Am holding off on the rumored release of 6th ed. and a new Codex For Chaos Marines.