What OURWAR Russian figures do you want?

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
In order for this to really get off the ground, make sure you over produce and all of us fanboys will wait for the them at the discount stores.

Otherwise, what's the point?

:trollface:

Maritime96

South East of Disorder
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Long Island, NY
There were also a number of younger fighters on the Soviet side. A Kid Soviet solider could be a neat addition to the lineup. Make him like a head shorter than the rest.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

The problem I see is even if you go with the standard M35/M43 Gimnastiorka (tunic) and Charovari (trousers) or the Telogrieka (Padded Winter jacket/trousers) there's no mistaking that there's a woman underneath. Teika generally does a pretty good job with slight tweaks (generally accessories) on a single buck. Not possible in this case.

As to the Pilotka (side cap), the preponderance of it's appearance in photos is Soviet propaganda. M36 or M40 helmets should be included. Though a figure with the classic Ushanka would be great. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Worst case scenario casts of the Russian in FSS 2's head sculpt will be available.

blackblast

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
Attachment 1 with the blanket being either removable or one variant with it and one variant without it. With the soft cap.

Attachment 2 padded jacket with fur cap and trench coat with helmet.

Attachment 3, the officer on the right.

Attachment 4, female sniper wearing standard uniform (attachment 1) with a scoped rifle and cloak.

100% agree!!!

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com

ogre_h

Clone Commando Sniper
Oct 27, 2013
Only WW2? too bad. Would've preferred modern Russian Spetnaz (even 1980's) and maybe someday some modern ChiComs?

Kaboomskie

Enlisted
Nov 6, 2013
Hey gents, just registered because of this upcoming WW2 Russian soldiers.

This is what I'd wish to be in production.

I never really liked action figures in winter gear/outfit because I think it's only limited to an arctic environment, whereas if you have a generic-themed soldier, you can place him to either a desert, winter or spring/autumn environment. Besides, the Germans are not in their winter gear, which is I'm extremely happy about. So to match the Germans, I strongly suggest the design of the Russian soldiers to be like the picture above.

I also think the Russian set should have a Komissar as their officer, a rifleman, a submachine gunner with a PPSH smg, a light machine gunner with a DPM lmg, a heavy machine gunner with a Maxim hmg, and of course a sniper. Soviet snipers played an important role in the Eastern Front, they must not be overlooked.

soldier blue

The Unwashed
Oct 30, 2013
Boston, Lincolnshire,UK.
Hi,

Just registered like collecting 1/18 scale military action figures and great news OURWARS will be doing German and Russian figures soon, I have some of their U.S. 101st figures the only places I know where to get them is Amazon & Hobbystock in China can anybody help other places I can get them I live in the UK.

Thanks
Bob

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
those are the only places I know where to get them as well. Maybe you can get them directly from Melvin? The cost will probably be the same though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd pay $30 for a Russian heavy machine gun team as long as they come with a Maxim with wheels that turn. :thumbsup:

That's about what you'd pay if a fabricator-castor built one and produced it. I suspect that if these actually happen that one of the garage guys will do a Maxim. Thus far the only heavy MG to see the scale is the M2. Personally I want Teika to do a lafette mount for their MG34.

We do need a DsHK, Fled.

Kaboomskie

Enlisted
Nov 6, 2013
Hope they make the DsHK with a shield, seat and wheels that turn on it.

Looks good with an assault squad like this.

As for snipers, I'd beg to have these guys in production.

Maybe we need a female figure as well, a female sniper/medic perhaps? Now could be a good opportunity for this line to produce female figures, right?

Kaboomskie

Enlisted
Nov 6, 2013
Do they have to be as pleasant looking as this female Russian sniper to sell?

I'm hoping a female representation for this toyline. Don't really care that much if they look like male snipers.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well anything with a trench coat may be an issue. They did mention that the "skirts" for the figures were what needed to be addressed. That may lean them more towards another design.

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
How about skipping the lame soldiers with skirts and do some MODERN RUSSIANS?

:goodone:...
I know you didn't joke...but man...they are still the same lame soldiers with skirts))))....
Not everyone but most of them)))

Even their lets say "new" desert uniform for VDV (russian airborne) - don't have its 1 standart. Each coat/shirt/pants and so on - has its own structure of pockets))

Don't think anything wrong about me or them. Russians are great soldiers. But their supplies - need some organization. Especially their uniform and gear. Honestly its a mix-match of everything since the 80's to nowadays.
So someone has a luck to have some modern things..someone has to use the old stuff.

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
Russian sniper female and or male
political commissar
riflemen conscripts nkvd and penal

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
Definatlly a female sniper, tank commander n crew, Russians
used M4 Sherman's in WWII, I'll buy whatever they make !

cb671

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Guam
Definitely some Tank Crews, Snipers, Armors with Crews....throw in some in Winter Camo aswell!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
:goodone:...
I know you didn't joke...but man...they are still the same lame soldiers with skirts))))....
Not everyone but most of them)))

Even their lets say "new" desert uniform for VDV (russian airborne) - don't have its 1 standart. Each coat/shirt/pants and so on - has its own structure of pockets))

Don't think anything wrong about me or them. Russians are great soldiers. But their supplies - need some organization. Especially their uniform and gear. Honestly its a mix-match of everything since the 80's to nowadays.
So someone has a luck to have some modern things..someone has to use the old stuff.

But that all starting happening after the Cold War ended? They were pretty state of the art back than weren't they?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Is the company that makes OURWAR figures still in business?