X-ray woman

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Well, I made a version of the Fisher Price Adventure People X-ray man, so I HAD to make an X-ray woman to go with him.

Bought the figure a few weeks ago off eBay, an MU Fantastic Four Invisible Girl clear variant. Dyed her an emerald-green using RIT dye, sculpted her hair out of Milliput and hand painted the details on her chest and her eyes.

First picture from earlier today before painting...

And after detailing...

And here with X-ray man...

She has the same problem with her head as the male does, it points slightly downward. I don't know why this is, I don't recall it arriving to me like that.
Maybe I screwed that up when I left her sitting too long in the boiling RIT dye bath, you can almost see the spot on her hip that got a little warped from the heat. She also leans slightly to one side, again, I blame it on the long sit in the boiling mix...it was the only way to get the dye to stick and even then it would still rub off. I gave the whole figure a coat of sealer after dying it to keep it from rubbing off with general handling.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like it.

Did you just have the parts laying in the bottom of the pan?

lotusblack80

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2013
Colorado
I like it for some reason the figs remind me of Stinkor (or I think thats what his name was) The He-man figure that stunk like hell, for some reason these figures give me that scratch and sniff vibe. Anyways nice job Bob!

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thanks for the kind wors guys! :)

I like it.

Did you just have the parts laying in the bottom of the pan?

At first I had her sitting in a strainer to keep her off the florr of the pot, but she wasn't getting totally submerged, so I had to just dump her in. Even then she wasn't sitting still on the floor of the pot, the boiling action was causing her to move all over the place, so I wasn't really worried about that.

Maybe I need to invest in some sort of "riser" to keep things off the floor of the pot but after my previous issues with dying, I don't plan on doing this as often as I had been.