Eagle Force returns in modern 4"

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com

Looks like they come from the "fuck primary armament reloads" school of warfare.

good. that leaves undesirable looking shit attached to them and gives way for custom pouches/bags to be fastened without having to tear up the figure to remove unwanted crap.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Like the prior concept art, this figure could also be useful. But it still depends on the base color and price. I'm interested in seeing the female figure.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The R.I.O.T. stuff is actually pretty cool. I'm not a fan of BMX/paintball armor, though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Worst case I Dremel off all that crap and permanently place webbing over it. If we're lucky the arms will plug into the Bbi torsos like G.I. Joe ones do.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Yeah, likewise.

You could always just ask. Craig Owen, the owner of ZICA, is a pretty nice guy and always answers all the questions I've asked.

He is pretty active on the Mego Museum board in the ZICA section.

A decent idea, but I don't care enough to join another forum just to ask a minor question about something that may not even be nailed down.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Yeah, likewise.

A decent idea, but I don't care enough to join another forum just to ask a minor question about something that may not even be nailed down.

I got that taken care of. I already joined a while back and asked about the vest and the paint scheme. Once he answers I'll re-post here.
I was just pointing to a place some answers can be found.

I also really like when a company interacts with their consumers directly and is willing to answer their questions.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013

Looks like they come from the "fuck primary armament reloads" school of warfare.

I think this could be fixed with slightly bigger mag pouch and slightly smaller rifle.

Is it just me or is weird that two of their first three reveals are basically just head swaps (barring a possible change in color palette)? I feel there should at least be a vest change to justify two separate figures.

Last edited:

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Those are probably just the army builders. Its not actually going to be a huge line of figures.

FMF: Our current plan is to launch the official Eagle Force Kickstarter in Q2 2015. The line will start off with Captain Eagle and have stretch goals for 5-6 additional characters, including army builders. If we’re successful we’ll continue to grow the line and add additional characters, potentially some of the original series 2 characters that never saw production in the original line.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think this could be fixed with slightly bigger mag pouch and slightly smaller rifle.

It's nothing a set of cast 3-cell mag pouches and some material removal won't fix. You only need to change the gun if you don't like the SCAR 16.

I'd just like designers of military figures to show some forethought so I don't have to do mods.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
The Kickstarter isn't till 2015 anyway.

Still eager to see how these turn out.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
Yeah, also to be expected when you're trying to save on costs.

I just thinking that if they are the same color, they could have put all the parts in one package. It's just an extra head, helmet, pistol and holster. Sort of like Renegades Storm Shadow or Law & Order, you get two figures in one.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Looks cool so far, but that ACR is HUUUUUGE. Hopefully they scale down the guns a little bit, or that's not in scale. I mean, I can find suitable replacements, but I kind of like the rifle.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shouldn't they be showing some sculpt work by now?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They've been showing us drawings for the last five months, they should really shit or get off the pot.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
They might be waiting for the other KS figs to get delivered and for the holidays to be long gone...

I mean I threw down for Pickel's Uparmored Humvee kit but it would have been really nice not to have had that payment in December.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The figures are starting to look redundant. Like the Marauder figure, it's basically one figure geared different ways. It's still useful, but variety would be nice in a line that has this many figures.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
The Captain Action figures by ZICA are officially going to be a part of this Kickstarter.

I still guess it only means the Captain Action figure and 2 additional decos. No word on the other 3 characters or the Silver Streak.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
At least they aren't solid gold. The accents should be easy to fix if they don't look good.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gold never looks good, so be prepared to fix it. When these come out. Sometime in 2020.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
They did say they might do a small run of exclusives in gold if you're into that kind of thing. So far they are looking pretty good.

The card back looks pretty terrible to me but it's going in the trash anyway so I'm not too concerned with that.

The KS should start sometime in the next 3 months or so... Q2 2015 then about a year for production so maybe they will be out Q2 next year.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The KS should start sometime in the next 3 months or so... Q2 2015 then about a year for production so maybe they will be out Q2 next year.

Unless they pull the shit Boss Fight did and use the same factory as Marauder, which had production completely dicked up.

Fixed that for you :p

I have no doubt out there are people who think figures like that looks good.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The original sketches from '82 for Styker and Fireball:

There were some awesome ideas for the aborted series 2. It really makes me wish this relaunch was being handled by a major manufacturer.