What types of troops/vehicles would you like to see?

VMIalpha454

The Unwashed
Sep 7, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
If you could pick a line of toys/collectibles to be released what would it be. What types of troops? What types of vehicles? There are endless possibilities, but I was just curious what the biggest fans of this hobby would prefer most. All input is appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
affordable ones

but, what I wanna see is some commies. Soviet block aircraft,afv's,grund equipment,buildings, basically a 1/18 russia. My dream would be like 1/18 metal gear solid 3.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
yes, comrade. we need cold war shit. it woudl work with current stuff for those wanting to do modern dios with Taliban using relics, as well as Soviet fans.

That shit was awesome.

and I want to have a bunch of Joes, on a hill, arms raised in the air, yelling WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Def Soviet troops. A Hind D, BMP, T-72 ect…. Hell, even modern NKVD, Spetznatz and Naval Infantry would be awesome.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
he said vehicles, which usually means ground based. so I said BMPs.

Had he said aircraft, I would have said that.

HiND D for Helo for sure
I wouldn't mind seeing these either for helos:
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/1/7/4/1590471.jpg

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russ...1884057/&sid=212165a0c2c81b003ad163a998864e55
Def Soviet troops. A Hind D, BMP, T-72 ect…. Hell, even modern NKVD, Spetznatz and Naval Infantry would be awesome.

you know you want an su-27(peer pressure!!!:D)

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Not really, it just looks like a particularly ugly platypus. At least the Hind looks like an ugly pig with giant pointy teeth! :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not really, it just looks like a particularly ugly platypus. At least the Hind looks like an ugly pig with giant pointy teeth! :D

That's because Weasel is a moron and posted the 52, and not the 50. He probably thinks the Fullback looks cool, too. ;)

Still can't believe they back-pedaled and went with the Havoc.

Anyhoo, I fully support Cold War Soviets, as well as WWI aircraft. Though in retrospect, I really would prefer something newer for Russian armor.

Leopard 2 and Flakpanzer Gepard are also no-brainers for my money.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, if you take the attitude of 'Well, I'm definitely gonna die if I ride it in" it makes pulling the handles a bit easier.

Wonder if there's an established failure rate of the explosive bolts in the rotor blades.....

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
It IS Russian. I still feel like they've never really gotten away from the "One has the rifle, the other one has the ammo. When one with rifle falls, one with ammo picks up rifle and fights" attitude.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, it's not like the Black Shark is gonna see large production numbers. The Russian's decided they wanted the cheaper solution rather than the better solution, so the Mi-28 will supplant the Hind, not the Ka-50.

Still, it would make a damn cool 1:18 vehicle on the shelf, surrounded by a Cobra ground crew.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i'd like to see a line of GI JOE that still carries the likenesses of the ARAH characters, but all updated to current real world uniforms...Cobra can stay the same for all i care, but i'd like to see current real world baddies of all factions...

i'd also like to see a 1:18th DC line that didn't suck a$$...

and all the figures would use a combination of Joe and Marvel articulation...mostly the Joe articulation with the added bicept joint from Marvel...all would have wrist articulation and side to side ankle movement so their feet stand flat...

as for vehicles, all in REAL 1:18th scale...all modern...vehicles we haven't seen before mixed with new models of ones we have seen...

then i'd like to see the Transformers line in their classic forms, be in true 1:18th scale in alt mode...so whatever that may be, the robot mode would have to keep that proportion...yep, Megatron would be tiny...not my fault Hasbro made him a pistol...and the Seekers would be huge a$$ AWESOME jets and Devestator would be 5-6 feet tall!...

malcadon

H8ter4life
Mar 14, 2011
Pimpvile
I would like to see Red Shadows in the 25th-style molds. On top of the classic figures (sans the fish-man and skeletal dude), there would be newer characters introduced from the comics and excuse to the line.

There should be some revamps and touch-ups to some of them, like Red Jackal (who looks like a cheap Destro knock-off - add a cyber-eye and an Autobot-like mouth to make him look a little different) and Baron Ironblood (who looks funny with the red & white jumpsuit and that bucket-helmet - not everyone can carry the Ned Kelly look - so adding black, and a new helmet design would really help).

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Terror Troops vs Generic good guys. The Good guys could be your standard force with like the Forces of Valor guys with Humvees, trucks, maybe an Abrams you the usual stuff with Desert Tan and Woodland Camo schemes.. Now for the more interesting guys, The Terror Troops, the figures can have a mix of hats/helmets that either German (Stahelms and officer caps) or Russian (Cold War era helmets) in origin. Their ensignia is a red triangle with a skull in the middle. Most of their Vehicles can be Soviet cold war era tanks and AFVs and such. The aesthetic of the Terror Troops would be just the same as they were back in their hay day in the 1990's in the Galoob Micro-Machines line (now owned by Hasbro so they could actually do this) when they had Blue, Grey, Black and sometimes brown.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/8/0/5/7/3/3/webimg/480954601_tp.jpg

Also it'd be cool to have an Oktober guard seven pack for GI Joe.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Terror Troops vs Generic good guys. The Good guys could be your standard force with like the Forces of Valor guys with Humvees, trucks, maybe an Abrams you the usual stuff with Desert Tan and Woodland Camo schemes.. Now for the more interesting guys, The Terror Troops, the figures can have a mix of hats/helmets that either German (Stahelms and officer caps) or Russian (Cold War era helmets) in origin. Their ensignia is a red triangle with a skull in the middle. Most of their Vehicles can be Soviet cold war era tanks and AFVs and such. The aesthetic of the Terror Troops would be just the same as they were back in their hay day in the 1990's in the Galoob Micro-Machines line (now owned by Hasbro so they could actually do this) when they had Blue, Grey, Black and sometimes brown.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/8/0/5/7/3/3/webimg/480954601_tp.jpg

Also it'd be cool to have an Oktober guard seven pack for GI Joe.

I thought that description sounded suspiciously familiar. The Terror Troops paint scheme was predominately grey and brown in the beginning, back when the logo was just a Jolly Roger. Just puttin' that out there.

Oh, and the Hasbro-made Joe Micros sucked.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
I would like to see an MH-53J/M in 1:18. I would also like to see a deuce and a half, Stryker, UH-1Y, a MRAP, an ASV, V-22 Osprey ...to name a few.

Modern troops with different loadouts with modern Joe articulation.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
For troops I'd love to see some Russians, Middle Easterners and maybe even some Asians with GI Joe articulation. I'd prefer them in modern gear of course. I'm not really a history buff.

Vehicles, I'll take what I can get.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I thought that description sounded suspiciously familiar. The Terror Troops paint scheme was predominately grey and brown in the beginning, back when the logo was just a Jolly Roger. Just puttin' that out there.

Oh, and the Hasbro-made Joe Micros sucked.

Hasbro did forever ruin micro-machines. I laughed when I found a Micro GI Joe play sets where one of the GI Joe tanks was a WW2 German Tiger I. All of the Micro Machines after that were boring and uninteresting.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Completely forgot about those. I'd say those are 1:72 maybe? Possibly smaller. Still, cool bird to have.

loadedtomcat

Magnificent Bastard
Mar 18, 2011
I'd actually like to see something sturdy of quality articulation in ACU's and/or MARPAT. It seems like those available sacrifice detail for articulation and vice versa.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I'd actually like to see something sturdy of quality articulation in ACU's and/or MARPAT. It seems like those available sacrifice detail for articulation and vice versa.

what about the ourwar figures, do they have a quality issue i'm not aware of?

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
You think? After looking at that 1:18 scale one it seems those may be a much smaller scale. That 1:18 Skycrane is effin' huge!

I've got plastic models of the skycrane in both 1/72nd and 1/48th

the real skycrane has a length of 70 feet 3 inches.
1/18=3.88 feet
1/32=2.18 feet
1/40=1.75 feet
1/48=1.45 feet
1/72=.97 feet

I would have to assume the chap mei skycrane is about 1/35