Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Aliens M577 Armored Personnel Carrier

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
We are thrilled to announce the first from our new Officially Licensed Aliens collection - the Aliens APC!

Presented for the first time in a large-scale format, this intricately detailed model is in glorious 1:18 scale, measuring a very impressive 20" long! Using the original blueprints as reference, no detail has been spared making this the most accurate recreation possible.

The APC features moveable gun turrets and rotating wheels, and is authentically weathered for added realism. It is complete with a separate Aliens themed display base, designed to replicate the floor tiles of the Sulaco.

Our HCG Exclusive version also comes with Alien roadkill! This highly detailed Alien Warrior has been cut in two by the speeding APC, and is supplied in two separate pieces for a multitude of display options. Also included with the HCG Exclusive version is a high quality 21" x 14" print of the APC blueprints and specs sheet! A regular edition is also available, click here for more details.

As with all Hollywood Collectibles pieces this museum quality scale model is constructed from heavyweight polystone and then hand painted to the finest detail.

Limited to just 350 pieces Worldwide!

very expensive ($500) and very limited.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What?! Ridiculous. $500 bucks is painful, especially for a static resin piece, but if I was a fan I'd be sorely tempted. Anyone on here actually taking the plunge?

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Even with the price tag, I was thinking about it. But 500 is just way too much.

But if it came at less price in kit form....

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
It's like a dream come true. Too bad its wayyyyy out of my price range. Customize a Rhino from GI Joe instead to something similar. It'll save a lot of dough.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I was thinking about it till you guys posted the price. $500 is just not possible for me.\

There is a resin kit in 1:18th, but it's not much cheaper.

Maybe I'll just build one out of foam core or poster board. :(
I remember the one Kenan did awhile back, I wonder how much that cost him to build.

A side rant: I "know" the guy who made the blueprint for this, he has also made blueprints for several other Alien/Aliens vehicles....why the Hell do they all have to have the Weyland Yutani company logo on them as if they built all of them? It's o.k. on a Nostromo print because that was owned by WY, but everything in the Aliens universe doesn't have to be built by them! I am sure other companies exist in the future!!!

Last edited:

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
A side rant: I "know" the guy who made the blueprint for this, he has also made blueprints for several other Alien/Aliens vehicles....why the Hell do they all have to have the Weyland Yutani company logo on them as if they built all of them? It's o.k. on a Nostromo print because that was owned by WY, but everything in the Aliens universe doesn't have to be built by them! I am sure other companies exist in the future!!!

There were other companies, but according to the Dark Horse comics, WY was the most prominent, and provided most of the military/government contracts. I think it's also the only company that was ever stated in the movies, so... I guess no one else has wanted to come up with a competitor

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I think they've republished it... to AMAZON!

Annnnnd yep:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Aliens-Colonial-Marines-Technical-Manual/dp/1781161313/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1401894627&sr=8-4&keywords=Colonial+Marines"]Aliens - Colonial Marines Technical Manual: lee Brimmicombe-Wood: 9781781161319: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FCJ3Nr2zL.@@AMEPARAM@@51FCJ3Nr2zL[/ame]

Whoops, Tech Manual, not Field Guide

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I love that thing man. The first printings were going for beaucoup bucks on Ebay till the second printing came out. Still kind of want the first printing for some stupid reason. I don't think there's any difference except for the cover art.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There were other companies, but according to the Dark Horse comics, WY was the most prominent, and provided most of the military/government contracts. I think it's also the only company that was ever stated in the movies, so... I guess no one else has wanted to come up with a competitor

They should have named one Westinghouse and tied the Alien and Terminator franchises together. :D

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
They should have named one Westinghouse and tied the Alien and Terminator franchises together. :D

I think for the Terminator vs Aliens comic they somehow tied the companies together. I think there was a hostile takeover.

At least that's what my memory is telling me. I could have just made it up.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Sorry! When I get home I'll check my USCM Field guide and see if they mention any other companies

Just joking. :)

I have the tech manual also (first publication!) and I don't think it talks about any other companies.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Well.. a little from column A, a little from column B.

I'd expect them to be able to get one out for at least JSI prices ($99?). It's not a very complicated vehicle by any means. If it didn't open up or anything it's got no real details other than wheels! The gun should be movable I guess.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Well.. a little from column A, a little from column B.

I'd expect them to be able to get one out for at least JSI prices ($99?). It's not a very complicated vehicle by any means. If it didn't open up or anything it's got no real details other than wheels! The gun should be movable I guess.

True, I think this one has rotating turrets and wheels, but yeah, 500 is a wee bit costly for a 1:18 micro machine.