1:18 Game of Thrones by Funko

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Looks like the wall is going to be $35 and figures are going to be $10. Preorders are up at BBTS
A Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice & Fire Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ygritte's head for HACKS females and Rattleshirt's for ARW Soil Ghosts.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Yeah, they're obviously only good for customs fodder, but they seem pretty good for that use. I'm thinking Balin will be the best Hobbit dwarf to headswap Tyrion onto, despite Balin's big gut. All the rest are too combat-ready and buff, and Bilbo is just too shabbily-dressed overall. I'm thinking Sam is the weakest figure for foddering, with Ygritte and the Night King being my most-wanteds. Ghost will be nice if he's got a neck hinge like ye olde Adventure People collie, but just too little to interest me without it.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Yeah, they're obviously only good for customs fodder, but they seem pretty good for that use. I'm thinking Balin will be the best Hobbit dwarf to headswap Tyrion onto, despite Balin's big gut. All the rest are too combat-ready and buff, and Bilbo is just too shabbily-dressed overall. I'm thinking Sam is the weakest figure for foddering, with Ygritte and the Night King being my most-wanteds. Ghost will be nice if he's got a neck hinge like ye olde Adventure People collie, but just too little to interest me without it.

Balin looks too much like a gnome. I was going to use Kili. I can see Thorin and Dwalin being too buff and the combat ready in Fili but Kili should be about right.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The pics make it hard to tell, but you're likely right. Outclassed like a motherfucker by that Athenian.

Street date on these? I might still be able to salvage Ygritte.

EDIT:

Well, after seeing the non-Mobile FB pics, I think they're awfully doughy.

Last edited:

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I want to want them for bashin' up with FantaHACKs, etc; but they just look useless even for cuttin' n' pastin'. I don't foresee a second wave if it's dependent on the sales of this one.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't watch GoT, but I have to imagine there are more popular characters than the ones in this wave that aren't White Walkers or Jon Snow.

I still think I might can use the girl. Should have done the Hound. I could use his big-ass sword.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I was a little slow getting these uploaded to my web storage.

The good - Ball joint heads. Tormond, Ygrette, Nights Kings, and White walker have decent head sculpts. Tormond will be good for another Dwarf.

The bad - These are really just slightly above ReAction in quality and the sculpts are still a little soft.

The meh - This is still an odd group to release as the first wave of figures. Even though they are a little on the lower end of quality I'm still glad I got them. I love fantasy figures and these will be good for fodder when they eventually hit low prices like the Legacy figures did.
Another odd feature is where Ghost's head articulation is. It is way up near the top of the neck.

I'll try and get some head swapping pictures today.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Borrowing a buddy's pics from over on JC:
Chief said:
I'm actually digging the Ghost figs. Good sculpt, actual articulation, decent paint (for what it is). Size-wise, it's scaled nicely for a direwolf and honestly the same size as the various Schleich/Papo wolves I've been using as Timbers over the years.

And Ygrytte's head is at least compatible with Joes/MU.

And worse comes to worst...

Ball-jointed wolf head = awesome.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmm, just got to find somewhere selling these locally. Probably will be Barnes and Noble, now that Hastings is staring down the void. :grumpy: