1/18 M-14?

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Besides the Marauder M-14 EBR, is there a more "traditional" M-14 available in 1/18? Maybe with a Vietnam-era figure?

I'm in the middle of making Delta snipers Randy Shughart and Gary Gordon, and SFC Shughart needs a weapon.
If one isn't available, I'll have to cut up a Marauder one and combine it with something else.

EDIT: I've found that the BBI USMC sniper has an M-14. Does anyone here have one they're willing to part with?

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Falcone has one, Bbi did one with a bipod, 21st did one in XM21 configuration, so it's got the ART scope and no front sight or muzzle break. Take a length of the handle from a Shock Trooper stunchaku and make the Sionics suppressor.

Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
K - are all those Falcone's just your mods?

EDIT never mind working off my phone I couldn't see the differences...first two are the same others are different.

Last edited:

Riotheory

Enlisted
Jun 26, 2012
Wasatch Front, UT
I realize this is totally ignorant and superficial and ignorant, but what is the appeal of the classic M14? Is it just the authenticity of it? In puzzlement, I did some research and found it to be a much cooler rifle than I'd guessed on appearance, but it's got so many better looking updates. Do the updates lose effectiveness?

Not trolling . . . trying to broaden my understanding. Thanks

R.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I would suppose that the EBR is more "effective". However, these are toys, and the EBR, while being the most modern iteration of the venerable M14, looks like tacticooled shit. Now the SOCOM variants probably have a drop in effectiveness because of barrel length.

Plenty of rifles that are better than the M14, but its classic form just reeks of aggression. Could be because it's the last of the American battle rifles. I imagine the M14 will be going back into retirement when the M110s get out there in the inventories.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I guess I am not reaching out enough. There are still people that have no idea about my weapons!

I realize this is totally ignorant and superficial and ignorant, but what is the appeal of the classic M14? Is it just the authenticity of it? In puzzlement, I did some research and found it to be a much cooler rifle than I'd guessed on appearance, but it's got so many better looking updates. Do the updates lose effectiveness?

Not trolling . . . trying to broaden my understanding. Thanks

R.

For me it's about aesthetics. I love woodgrain rifles, and the M14 is my favorite. I have no actual explanation, it's just that the gun looks awesome to me. It helps that the M14 was my favorite weapon in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.