21st Century Figures

thegame68

Enlisted
Aug 15, 2012
South Dakota
I was in a comic shop earlier this week and they had a few 21st Century figures. Mostly Americans like the BAR gunner, but they did have a few of the Vietnamese figures like these:

http://www.sshqdb.com/18/index.php?cat=85

I didn't pick them up at the time because I'm working on WWII figures right now, specifically that SS set of 16, but now I'm wondering if I should go back. I've heard that the Viet Cong and NVA soldiers are harder to find than the Americans. I see a few on EBAY right now, so they must not be too rare. They look pretty good in pictures, but for those who have these, how do they fit in with Joes scale wise?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
They're a little shorter than your average ME Joe I'd say, as they are more TRUE 1:18 scale than the new Joes (though that's all subjective).

They are good if you need them. The articulation isn't anywhere near Joe-level though, so just know that.

How much were they selling them for? I see them go from anywhere between $9 and $29 on eBay all the time.

thegame68

Enlisted
Aug 15, 2012
South Dakota
They're a little shorter than your average ME Joe I'd say, as they are more TRUE 1:18 scale than the new Joes (though that's all subjective).

They are good if you need them. The articulation isn't anywhere near Joe-level though, so just know that.

How much were they selling them for? I see them go from anywhere between $9 and $29 on eBay all the time.

They had them for $10.00, which I thought sounded low. After checking ebay today, I'm starting to kick myself for not getting them when I had the chance. I think I'm going to go back now. They had Dutch from Predator, some Wolverine stuff, and some 82 Joes that caught my eye. I might as well just jump in and grab everything. It's just money afterall.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd sure like to find me a VC for 10 bucks.

Everything NSA said applies. The biggest thing is the heads, quite literally. Tend to be very ARAH-like in their size and softness of the sculpt.

thegame68

Enlisted
Aug 15, 2012
South Dakota
I went back to the comic shop and picked up some 21st Century figures. I went back mainly for the VC figure, but I couldn't pass up the WWII figures after I saw that the Infantry man is from the Big Red 1. Now that I started, I'm going to have to track down more of these, but it's probably unlikely that I'll get lucky and find them locally this cheap ever again. Thanks for the info, I'm really happy with these. The back of the cards shows a Huey, so I think that's what I'm going to work on next along with the SS set. Are there any good sources for this stuff or is my best bet to keep searching for deals on Ebay?

Attachments

• figures 003.jpg
    figures 003.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 19
  • figures 002.jpg
    figures 002.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 10

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I'd sure like to find me a VC for 10 bucks.

Everything NSA said applies. The biggest thing is the heads, quite literally. Tend to be very ARAH-like in their size and softness of the sculpt.

There has been several NVA and VC that have gone for the starting price of $10 on eBay recently.