30th Dreadnok 7-pack

danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Excellent detailed Review!!

Thanks for taking the time to do this and share it. I'm a huge Nok fan and look forward to picking this set up soon. I'm disappointed in the ARAH accuracy of alot of the figs but I really dig Road Pig and Thrasher.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I still think the best 7-pack was probably the "Defense of Cobra Island" set (the Cobra set, for clarification) as I troop-built the shit out of that set, and kept one MISB.

This set, while pretty solid, has lame file cards, and wasn't cool enough for me to even get 1 to open, 1 to keep sealed. I only got one to open, as I didn't care much for the box. What I did like about the box design, is that it took up very little space. I wish all the multi-packs had been so compact to begin with, because it's a nice size and doesn't take up all that space with the empty air inside.

The "new" Dreadnoks are lackluster at best, although they both have new heads. I still think instead of Burnout, we should've gotten a better Monkeywrench. It's a real, real shame that one of the more iconic and fan-favorite Dreadnoks got a total Frankenjoe build, when essentially nobodies like Burnout and Storm Rider got new heads at the very least.

Hell, I think most fans would've been totally happy with the ROC Monkeywrench repainted in more classic colors with a new head and his iconic weapon than getting either of those two, and maybe including Zanya, too.

Zandar was simply awful when I first got him, but he's grown on me. Thrasher surprised me at how much I liked him, but Gnawgahyde and Roadpig stole the spotlight for me. Zanzibar is super weak, and like I said before, I couldn't care less about Zanya and Burnout if I tried.

At least with the DOCI set, all the figures were excellent and sporting a lot of new parts, and even a mediocre Mindbender and another B.A.T. (who doesn't want an extra B.A.T.?) aren't that bad to round it out. This set, I feel was only about a 7 out of 10 due to the lackluster last 3 I mentioned.

danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011
Excellent detailed Review!!

Thanks for taking the time to do this and share it. I'm a huge Nok fan and look forward to picking this set up soon. I'm disappointed in the ARAH accuracy of alot of the figs but I really dig Road Pig and Thrasher.

Roadpig, Gnaw, Thrasher and Zanya is the best for me.

Same here i was disappointed with the outcome of Zanzibar and Zandar (not so good headsculpt, and i would love to see a real hair ponytail on the pirate), plus we can do without Burnout, we just need an accurate monkeywrench :)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Same here i was disappointed with the outcome of Zanzibar and Zandar (not so good headsculpt, and i would love to see a real hair ponytail on the pirate), plus we can do without Burnout, we just need an accurate monkeywrench :)

Truth^^

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Though I hardly know a thing about Zanya, I like her for the simple fact that she's an extra chick...Zaranna can only take so much 'nok cock ya know?