a little head?

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
So I've used some smaller scaled figures with over sized heads for a few customs.

My favorite one is the Keenser from the Hasbro Star Trek Kreon line. That head seems to fit almost every body size. It's a softer plastic so it also fits almost any neck ball.

There has also been talk about some of the Dark Knight Risies Heroclix

Lego also has some stylized heads from their Simpsons line that work well on 1:18 bodies

I've got Bart and Krusty. Krusty is to be used for one of Joker's background goons.

ImagiNext also has a few stylized heads that might work. I've been wanting one of the Black Mantas but don't really want the ship that it comes with.

I've seen some other figures online but I'm not sure if they would work well or not. The Movie Superstar figures might work because they are 3.25" with slightly larger heads but there kind of expensive. Anyone ever gotten any of these for customs?

Does anyone else have other small figures they have used for customs?

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got a ballerina ornament from last year that I've yet to harvest the head from, but it might work. May be more 5" scale. People ornaments are ofttimes useful in that way.

Never seen those particular Rocky figures.....

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
A lot of the Hallmark ornaments have heads that would work. My favorite Emperor Palpatine is a Hallmark, He is sitting in his throne. I have photos to take later. I'll get a pic when I do the other photos.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I've got a ballerina ornament from last year that I've yet to harvest the head from, but it might work. May be more 5" scale. People ornaments are ofttimes useful in that way.

Never seen those particular Rocky figures.....

They are up on BBTS
Movie Superstars Series 02 - Set of 4 - Superstars Superstars

I have a bunch of Barbie ornaments but their heads were all too small. There is one that was perfect as is though. Of course, I can't find a picture of it but she has a great evening gown and is perfect 1:18 scale female.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
A lot of the Hallmark ornaments have heads that would work. My favorite Emperor Palpatine is a Hallmark, He is sitting in his throne. I have photos to take later. I'll get a pic when I do the other photos.

That throne is awesome. I got 2 just for it. Picture from Yakface.com with The Vintage Collection Darth Sideous.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
That would be the one. I never removed the emperor. Nice to see that I can. :D

It takes some work but it can be done.

Here is the Barbie figure I was talking about. It is from 1996 and the one I have doesn't have the fluffy chest stuff and is just the elegant looking dress. She looks like such an elitist bitch.

funny I was thinking of starting a thread for good ornaments but we can add those to this thread as well since many need some work to make them usable.

Attachments

• barbie.jpg
    barbie.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 172

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
There is a wrestling line of small figures with closely scaled heads. Some of them are too goofy looking but some can work. I have a few of the casts from these in my store.

WWE Mattel action figures - Rumblers Wave 2 | WWE.com

Yeah, I grabbed Randy Orton and another guy when they were clearanced a year or so ago. They do scale nicely.

Other figures in this scale look like they might work too even though their a bit on the childish cartoony side. The Marvel/DC/MOTUC Minis.

I'd like some of the MOTUC minis to try but those are waaayyyy too expensive for what you get.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Yeah after shipping that Rocky figure is $20. If I KNEW it would work, I would buy it to cast the head... but I don't think I'll spend the $20 to find out.

I did cast some of those larger Hero Clix heads - Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Superman and Bane - and they work well. Catwoman and Wonder Woman look great on the Helix body, Superman works with a normal sized body and Bane looked good on the Rock. I mean Rockblock. I mean Roadblock.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
11.50 each? Fuck that noise. I wish they'd do a new Marilyn Monroe ornament. I saw one in a tiny indoor flea market years ago but didn't grab it. I know there are lots of them out there.

for some people 11.50 is no different than a $10-$15 Hallmark ornament. I just have 0 interest in that styling. I think the MOTUC Minis are more of a ripoff...

Alot of these are actually kind of crappy prices for what we would use them for. Hopefully some kind soul that has one would let a caster use it for the rest of us.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Well, some kind soul would have to be willing to have it destroyed lol. I don't think you can cast the head while it's still attached... and it doesn't look like it pops off. Maybe I'll just throw $20 to the wind and grab Rocky...

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I only know what a few look like in hand, but wouldn't a good many of the Transformers heads, vintage and new, work for possible helmeted heads too.

Yes, I have 3 that I like quite a lot.
Mudflap, Bumblebee, and a Batmoblie looking Optimus Prime. They were from the mid-range sized TFs. I'll try to find a picture.

The OP I have is on an IM2 Hyper velocity figure.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I did cast some of those larger Hero Clix heads - Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Superman and Bane - and they work well. Catwoman and Wonder Woman look great on the Helix body, Superman works with a normal sized body and Bane looked good on the Rock. I mean Rockblock. I mean Roadblock.

Hmmm, They sound intriguing. I would love the Heroclix Composite Superman head. Just saw it on google. Are all Hero Clix the same size?

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Well, some kind soul would have to be willing to have it destroyed lol. I don't think you can cast the head while it's still attached... and it doesn't look like it pops off. Maybe I'll just throw $20 to the wind and grab Rocky...

I've done rubber brush on molds a few times to not destroy the figure they came from. That did require a lot of work after the cast to actually make it work though for a good head.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Hmmm, They sound intriguing. I would love the Heroclix Composite Superman head. Just saw it on google. Are all Hero Clix the same size?

I'm not sure if Hero Clix are the correct name for these. They are larger than normal Hero Clix. Regular Hero Clix and tiny, like Warhammer sized figures. The ones I bought were larger and had oversized heads.

Attachments

• IMG_2523.JPG
    IMG_2523.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2524.JPG
    IMG_2524.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2525.JPG
    IMG_2525.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2526.JPG
    IMG_2526.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 23

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
for some people 11.50 is no different than a $10-$15 Hallmark ornament. I just have 0 interest in that styling. I think the MOTUC Minis are more of a ripoff...

A fool and his money.... Hallmark ornament prices are bullshit, too.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Here are the TFs I have that have pretty good head sizes

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Movie-Deluxe-Tuner-Mudflap/dp/B003229TRI/ref=sr_1_4?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1413984444&sr=1-4&keywords=deluxe+mudflap"]Amazon.com: Transformers Movie 2 Deluxe - Tuner Mudflap: Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41p8oJwEWDL.@@AMEPARAM@@41p8oJwEWDL[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Revenge-Autobot-Alliance-Bumblebee/dp/B003EDNJ3K/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1413984603&sr=1-2&keywords=revenge+of+the+fallen+bumblebee"]Amazon.com: Transformers Movie Revenge of the Fallen Autobot Alliance Bumblebee: Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51nzYSI2GOL.@@AMEPARAM@@51nzYSI2GOL[/ame]

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I know the Decepticon drone head sculpt works on smaller neck balls.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
There is also some good candidates in the Disney Infinity line. These are a bit more animated but some could work.

Maybe some Skylanders and Amiibo figures as well. I'm really looking forward to the Zelda ones

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got some quarter (more accurately, .50 or .75) machine monkeys that could be used if you wanted to do a comically masked character.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Monkey-Figures-Plastic-Party-Favors/dp/B0016J6UYE"]Amazon.com: Monkey Figures - 10 Tiny Plastic Monkey Figures - Party Favors: Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41gXw1t0bFL.@@AMEPARAM@@41gXw1t0bFL[/ame]

Larger, usable versions of those, actually.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I've got some quarter (more accurately, .50 or .75) machine monkeys that could be used if you wanted to do a comically masked character.

Amazon.com: Monkey Figures - 10 Tiny Plastic Monkey Figures - Party Favors: Toys & Games

Larger, usable versions of those, actually.

Those are great. Are these the bigger ones?
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Monkey-Madness-Figures-Small-Plastic/dp/B0039PC16E/ref=sr_1_6?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1413986889&sr=1-6&keywords=monkey+figures"]Amazon.com: Monkey Madness Figures - Small Plastic Monkey Figures - Set of 8: Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415aEKs9SDL.@@AMEPARAM@@415aEKs9SDL[/ame]
There is a 1 eyed monkey as well in the Appgear stuff.

I got the Alien Jail Break ones too

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Unfortunately, no. Those are the tiny little ones. Hold on a bit and I'll get a pic of a couple of large ones with a couple of 1:18 figures.

EDIT:

Shit, dead battery. I'll have to get one later in the day.

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I did the Catwoman:

She's $2.50 at biglots..

Also got the Wonder Woman,she's also $2.50 at biglots