a little head?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I could probably use one in my Schleich nursery, even with it being "larger than life" size.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I saw these Safari Toobs the other day at Hobby Lobby. They are scaled more towards 1:12 but still look pretty cool.

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, and John F. Kennedy

Get a castor to shrink those and you'd have a helluva set to sell.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I bought a similar Donald Duck figurine with intentions of putting the head on a figure. I'm a believer in the idea that these style of figurines can provide heads for Joe figures.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Those 4 figures from the SDCC A Fan's hope DVD w/ Stan, Joss, and I forget who the other 2 guys were fit well. That's where the Stan Lee head (MC11) in my store is from. I didn't get the pack w/ Joss, and whoever that other guy was, because it's the exact same DVD, but I keep thinking about it every time I walk by it at TrU.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I found some mini-figure Turtles at Goodwill the other day and it took a while to locate the origin of them.

They are the Mini-Ripped up figures from the 2005 line. The heads, hands, and feet look viable for 90s cartoon 1:18 Turtles. They all use the same sculpt so there wouldn't be much diversity to the team's look. Scale pictures will be added in a little bit.

I also saw a pretty good custom using the Flying Heroes Turtles from the Bridge Direct.

The 2 heads are on the 2 Leo's in the front. They are on the classic figures bodies. For scale, Slash is a MU Rhino.

The Hero portal Casey Jones might work as well. I don't have one of those yet though for scale.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
You know, that statue reminds me...where did the Nazi SS chick thing get started? I've seen pin-up artwork, several things in movies...it just seems kinda "out there".

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Arise, Necro Thread, ARISE!

Really should have grabbed "Woo Hoo!" Homer.

And I think I can get a helmet on ol' Donald here if I take off that cap of his. I really think this would work with an angry Donald head. I'm sure there's an overpriced PVC figurine out there somewhere that would work.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dollar Tree PVCs. Apparently there are several figures in the Simpsons line but all I saw were Marge, Woo Hoo Homer, Bartman, Lis and I believe Maggie. The adults being the only Joe compatible ones. I'd like to find Mr. Burns. He'd be good on a suited buck.

I have seen the Lego heads used on Joe figures, may have been on HT.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I got the Krusty PVC figure. I like that one a lot and plan on putting it on an Ice Cream guy buck.

besides that there are some new Ghostbuster mini figures that have an animated look to them but fit fairly well. They have figures from both the new movie and the classics. In blind bags and as 3-packs.

Last edited:

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Along the same mini-figure line TMNT2 has a set of mini figures as well. I picked up Bebop and Rocksteady.

Here is the Bebop head on a V-HACK

I also found some greek statue gashapons I plan on modifying to fit VHACKS as well.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The kabuto from Retaliation Budo is about 40.5mm tall, so might work. At the very least they should work as a display piece, if not a functioning helmet or head sculpt.

DaleKrumm

Jul 29, 2018
Overpriced vinyl art figures make me laugh.
I saw these Safari Toobs the other day phenq where to buy at Hobby Lobby. They are scaled towards 1:12 but still are awesome look pretty cool.

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, and John F. Kennedy
I am never able to understand why some figures are so overpriced. Do people even buy them at those prices? Why can't these be fairly priced?

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I know the artist vinyls can be brutally limited in production size, and if you've got a pretty good following they'll sale out quick.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
This forum has decorum? Where the hell have we been keeping that, is there a basement somewhere I don't know about? :)