Adjustable 3-point tactical sling

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
So, using some photos online and a tutorial for an actual 1:1 scale sling (lol) I put this together today using LEGO canvas, black jump rings and some clips I made out of strips of styrene. I'm not the best military-guy out there so I wanted to get some input. How did I do? I know I fucked up the end near the muzzle of the rifle, because I added a clip there that does absolutely fuck-all (lol) but it looked good (lol) and the tutorial I used had that type of clip there. But the other clips all adjust so the strap can be fit to whatever figure is holding it.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I'm no gun expert, but yeah, that looks real good to me. I dig the custom head too. One suggestion, sandwich the strip between the 2 pieces of channel as one long piece and then cut your clips (maybe a little thinner too). Kinda like what Obi did here but long ways instead. It will look aesthetically better I think.

If you want to make some D-rings, get half rod pieces to wrap your wire around. You can glue strips to the flat part to vary the width of the "D".

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Seems to be a lot of work.

A tip that I got from the Hun years ago was to use plastic mosquito screen.

The screen that is used in your patio.

The tiny squares are almost a perfect size and somewhat durable.

Cut out 2 joining tiny squares and you are ah slinging.

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
Seems to be a lot of work.

A tip that I got from the Hun years ago was to use plastic mosquito screen.

The screen that is used in your patio.

The tiny squares are almost a perfect size and somewhat durable.

Cut out 2 joining tiny squares and you are ah slinging.

^
This !!
Sling looks great, just a bit outa scale on the buckles .

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
^
This !!
Sling looks great, just a bit outa scale on the buckles .

I can see plastic mesh/netting being too pliable for the application, but maybe that's just me. Buckles, or retainers, should be more firm/solid, imo.

Maybe if you used METAL screening...