Aero Scout! 1-9 'CAV OH-6A

Apache26

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
I thought I'd post this in a new thread since the Loach is complete…well, mostly. It isn't entirely weathered yet. But I wanted to get the completed and painted product posted before I went on a long trip.

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2h6ye86.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/29mtxk7.jpg[/IMG]

Apache26

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
Clapping and crying...thanks KT. I couldn't have asked for a better response.

Should this get re-posted in the vehicle customs or stay here?

The decals came courtesy of Fireball Modelworks.

Fireball Modelworks

Without the decals, this would be simply an OD egg. Joseph does 1/35 and 1/32 scale decals for the common Vietnam era helos that are available in those scales. He was kind enough to upscale his current selection to 1/18 for me (at a very reasonable price).

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
He does a C/16 set. I'm really tempted to see about having him upscale a set of those so I can have them for a rainy day.

Apache26

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
He does a C/16 set. I'm really tempted to see about having him upscale a set of those so I can have them for a rainy day.

What, you didn't want to do "Queer John"?

Everyone loves Hugh Mills and Low Level Hell. Joseph was a great guy to work with when it came to scaling up the decals. He sent a pdf file as a properly scaled 1/18 test sheet. Since the toys aren't true to scale, this gave me the opportunity to adjust the size and send more precise measurements to him. As you can see, the final product is outstanding.

I wanted 1-9 because it'll match with my future projects - a Huey from 227th AHB and a Cobra from 1-9. The Cobra and Loach will make up a pink team with the Huey being a generic troop transport in a 1969 - 1970 timeframe.

AIR 'CAV Baby!

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
C/16 birds just look REALLY cool with the shark mouths. Better than 174th Hueys, IMO.

Of course, I'm not planning on a Loach so I may as well go for aesthetics over accuracy.