Age of Ultron 4 inch

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I might be able to add articulation. Won't know until I get one in hand or get an AAR from some one who has it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That goes without saying. New heads are always nice to have.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Someone on Rebelscum....

"got AOU Scarlet Witch over the weekend. Here's some pics for you guys who might want to use her for articulated customs. Head sculpt is actually really nice, and the ball-jointed neck should be useful."

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmmm *pulls a drag off of me pipe*

Head is good. If you've got some ability you can probably salvage the legs, and if you have enough skill you could probably get some knees and elbows in there. Speaking of arms, you could probably just get an MU or Joe set to work on the torso. It looks like a Joe lower conversion might be possible, too.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I saw Target also has an exclusive 3 pack with Ultron, Iron Man, and a 3rd figure that looks like it might be one of those Iron Legion figures or Ultron 1.0. All 5 POA. $14.99

Attachments

• im_vs_ultron.jpg
    im_vs_ultron.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I like these figures! I may pick up the entire set including the target 3 pack! seriously. They're very neat looking figures,and would display well imo. the $6 price tag makes it easier to collect them all too. I've never had an entire line on something,it would be cool to own them all.

Why are people paying so much for these things on eBay? I looked them up,and was blown away by the bids!! These are going to be everywhere soon for $6 right?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I'd assume so. And you know how it goes, there's always a handful of people who have to "have it now".

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wouldn't hold my breath on Scarlet Witch wave hitting the pegs.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
You really think so? The movie isn't even out yet is it? This really isn't the place I need to hang out at,but when I start buying them I may do a mass review on them,because I'm really liking the look of ultron 1&2 as well as loki&scarlet witch. I went to a few places over the last week,and it seems wave 1 is gone! Sold out? Idk

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've found wave 1 various places. They don't seem to be moving particularly well, but I'm pessimistic by experience on these things. I'm hoping to find a Witch, and am already digging out donor parts to up her articulation. The movie is just under a month out, so we'll see. Stores seem hellbent on not restocking pegs, even if product is available.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Target,Walmart,and TRU had wave 1,and they're all gone now except TRU,but they only have 1 of each halk,Thor,and ironman...I like that Loki has a removable helmet.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was happy with the head from The Dark World Loki. I might grab the new one if I decide if I want a Loki helm to repaint.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Yeah,I kinda wish I'd bought a spare,cause mine became fodder. The helmet from the ultron version would complement that one nicely.

I said fuck it,and preordered wave 2 from EE. I kinda wanna order the target 3 pack,but shipping makes it not worth it,BUT they're BOGO 50%,I don't see the need for two sets tho

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I saw on Australian eBay that some dude in Indiana had wave 2 in-hand. SW went for over $40.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
That person could wait a few weeks and get the entire wave for that much!

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Hey fellas!!!

The "all junk 5 POA figures" thing,...? WRONG!!!!!!

Picked this up at TRU!!

It's a slight repaint/rerelease of movie series grapple blast black widow&unmasked winter soldier captain America,which black widow just happens to my absolute favorite marvel figure:D

This find has prompted me to order the target 3 pack,and purchase the two wave 1 figures that aren't in wave 2 since I already have wave 2 preordered...there's another TRU 2 pack with nick fury,so I'm gonna grab that next week,and as far as I know I'll have the entire line:D I'll do a mass opening when everything is out,and set up a display.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd forgotten that set, but it's still all rehashed. Should be a Nick Fury set, too.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
There is a nick fury with an articulated iron man. I'll get it eventually,just not a fan of those figures like that black widow.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If these go on clearance I may snag one to harvest BW's arms.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Lol,I have a few sets of arms from the swoop hair repaint when she was cheap&plentiful on eBay from China:D we really need some good articulated female hands. Iirc slaymaker made a female lowlight custom? Using ourwar hands. I need to investigate them a little..may be something worth casting.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dagobah Luke's have been the best I've seen, thin posts aside. I haven't opened any of my OurWar 101st Airborne figures, but the hands look slightly smaller than your average hinged Joe hand.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, I was wrong. Wave 2 of these DID show up.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Damn! There's NOTHING around here. Tons of the newest wave 6" marvel figs freshly stocked,but no AOU.

They are some neat looking shitty figures,I'll say that much:D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I just grabbed SW and bounced, but I do intend to get a closer look at Ultron and Loki next time I'm in.

As I suspected, down to the waist there's a lot of room to add to the articulation. I haven't sussed out how to save the legs below the skirt hem. I suspect you can mate them to half of a regular ML female thigh, then do the Joe pelvis-swivel waist torso mod. As to adding knees, that's also a tough one.

Vortious does a short skirt, but without having it I can't say how well it would work.

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
It could be done..sculpt over the leg seems,cast the entire figure as a brick,then cut the skirt portion off,and hollow it out,then recast it in flexible plastic...same thing with the arms&legs..cast them,cut them up,slip joints in the notches,and make new molds,cast the limbs around joints,but why? I mean it'd be a fun challenge,but a lot of work for a mediocre figure.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Probably am,but that's the only way I can think to keep the figure 100% athstetically original without splicing in stuff from other figures that is. My way you could still have that thing unhurt,and have another that's fully articulated too:D

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Anyone know of anything else beyond the third wave of AOU figures? Hawkee,vision,and quick silver? are missing...I noticed a 5 POA hawkeye at a Walmart..him with the movie head should be a nobrainer. Is there any other exclusive packs like the 2 TRU two packs,and the Target three packs I'm not aware of?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This is probably it. The toy line won't have legs past mid-June and anything shown in July at SDCC will be out long after the film is forgotten.