All "Nobody Beats G.I. Joe" theme song commercials.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I remember about half of those. That one with what looks like basically Power Wheels and Big Wheels for the figures was hilarious.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Did Stan Lee narrate those?

You mean Larry Hama?

Wow, watching those you can see almost exactly how GI Joe went from peak performance to jumping the shark... Good memories though, mostly.

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Ah, I read "narrate" as "write," as in writing the script/music for it, thus the Hama question. Yeah, pretty sure that's not him. I remember his narration (or at least intros and outros) from Spidey and friends and the Hulk cartoon.

I did think it was kinda cool that they got a lot of the Joe/Cobra/Destro voices right from the cartoons. I remember, even as a kid, thinking that some of the animation from the commercials was far superior than in the actual shows, and wishing the shows were more like the commercials.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, no kidding. I believe Kurt Russell started out in some kind of military toy commercial.

:D

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Would be fun to see the behind the scenes stuff for some of those commercials.

"Okay kids, really try to pretend you're enjoying playing with these!"

They probably had a bunch of theater kids doing the acting who all hated military stuff :)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Ha! I can picture snooty kids who think that they are too good for toys. Or boys in the industry who might be a bit, effeminate.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Would be fun to see the behind the scenes stuff for some of those commercials.

"Okay kids, really try to pretend you're enjoying playing with these!"

They probably had a bunch of theater kids doing the acting who all hated military stuff :)

Ha! I can picture snooty kids who think that they are too good for toys. Or boys in the industry who might be a bit, effeminate.

:lmao:

I went to school with one of the kids in the Transformers commericals :lmao: