BBI & Joe parts mashup WiP

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
I did this a few weeks ago with kinda the same method, and I tried again yesterday, very happy with the results!

Love the ankle swivel Mod, stealing that one!

BL4CK5H33P

99 probs - don't be #100
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas City, Missouri (misery)
I want to know what he's using for the ball.

The modded waist is a Joe Colton donor, cut @ the belt line with AVES epoxy built to replicate the BBI hip assembly, with a BBI leg connector peg & a Star Wars Count Dooku tunic piece added for the lower jacket.

The boots are factory articulation from a McFarlane 6" The Walking Dead Carl Grimes, with the Joe Colton lower leg ankle sockets widened, to accept the double ball "HALO" style joint.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, McFarlane Walking Dead. Don't have Carl, but I may be able to dig up a cheap Andrea and scavenge her ankle pegs.

Now I wish I would have taken MMorelock up on his fodder. I could be actually be doing customs now.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No bueno for a pilot figures (ones that will actually end up in cockpits), which is my current mania, but the process is still valid.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think My Wal-Mart has Andrea for $5. I just have to find where the hell they put her. I don't recall if she's outside or over in one of the clearance aisles.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They should have just plugged in. Might have deepened the sockets, though.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I get what you guys are doing... but isn't this the same thing as using a Joe body and putting some sort of vest on them?

BL4CK5H33P

99 probs - don't be #100
Jul 24, 2011
I get what you guys are doing... but isn't this the same thing as using a Joe body and putting some sort of vest on them?

I can't get details & designs like the hooded, longer jacket with vest utilizing Joe torsos... & once you slap a vest on a Joe body, you render the abdomen articulation pretty much useless anyways... I like these BBI design torso better ;)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I can't get details & designs like the hooded, longer jacket with vest utilizing Joe torsos... & once you slap a vest on a Joe body, you render the abdomen articulation pretty much useless anyways... I like these BBI design torso better ;)

All this. It's all down to the torsos provide something Hasbro's webbing doesn't.

Some people just refuse to get with the program. :trollface:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably only slightly less as well as the average Joe. Need I remind you that there's quite of bit of work to get most Joes to pull off that pose.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I'm just trying to weigh my options on realistic "Joe styled" customs. Like he said, when you put a vest on a joe body, the mid-torso joint is barely usable, but they also become a little bulkier and some are hard to be put in the pose I mentioned without looking silly, that's why I asked him, if it works, then I can see this as a better option than hunting down realistic military vests for joe bodies.

BL4CK5H33P

99 probs - don't be #100
Jul 24, 2011
Can the custom in the first pic do a kneeling double handed rifle holding pose?

Probably only slightly less as well as the average Joe. Need I remind you that there's quite of bit of work to get most Joes to pull off that pose.

I'm just trying to weigh my options on realistic "Joe styled" customs. Like he said, when you put a vest on a joe body, the mid-torso joint is barely usable, but they also become a little bulkier and some are hard to be put in the pose I mentioned without looking silly, that's why I asked him, if it works, then I can see this as a better option than hunting down realistic military vests for joe bodies.

^^^^ All this is truthful... as, much as I would love greater articulation with many 3.75" figs... I went for realism & asthetic design for this type of build.

Last edited: