BL4CK5H33P's 6" Steampunk Pirate WiP

BL4CK5H33P

99 probs - don't be #100
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas City, Missouri (misery)
OK - I don't post a lot of WiP pics - but I'm kinda' needin' help w/ this 1... needin' a blunderbuss, a flintlock pistol & a scimitar "damascas" style blade (all in 1:10 scale) to convert to steampunk weapons... I know Pirates of the Carribean figs might have the firearms I need, but, the scimitar blade is a real ??? - if any1 has any thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it... thnx.

Basically, it's a kitbash of a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Wave Rider Cap't Nemo w/ parts from a Bioshock2 Big Sister... swapped right arm from Big Sister (needs some sculpting) - removed harness for scuba tank & added a valve handle (mouthpiece does fit the nose & mouth) - performed a bit of surgery on 1 leg so far, 4 comparison (dive boots & bolted on steel bar in place of boot fin) - added the belt buckle - the shoulder armor - the rear packs/sash & the chin braid...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Damascene effect comes from the forging, so you should be able to replicate it with paint on whatever blade you choose.

For a blunderbuss i would go with something from the Chap Mei Pirate line. The figures are 1:!18 but the weapons are generally scaled for 1:12ish.