Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons Wave 1

Kambei

Enlisted
Nov 28, 2012
For anyone who does not know, Captain Scarlet was a puppet show made by Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson back in 1967:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV8YbLvGrb0&feature=related"]Captain Scarlet Opening Credits[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwJWr_Zk1R8&feature=related"]Captain Scarlet Compilation[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLBkYEzl700"]Episode 1 (30 minutes)[/ame]

Yes, this was made for children and young teens. In England. The model work is particularly fantastic. 32 half-hour episodes were made. For the intended age group and time period, it was a very violent show. Characters were frequently killed off on-screen by vrious methods: shooting, strangling, electrocution, drowning, crushing, explosion, fire, suffocation, well you get the idea.

Captain Scarlet was the very first custom figure that I did any sculpting on back in 1984. 2009 marked the 25th anniversary of my making that figure, and several other characters from the series:

I figured it was time to make my own '25th Anniversary Set'. But this time, I was really going to pull out all the stops, and do figures that I could only dream of making all those years ago.

I started in early April and 31 figures and and finished in late Augusrt, plus nearly $400 later, here is the result.

I made them as 4 distinct 'Waves' plus a 'Mail-Away' and two 'Convention Sets'

Wave 1:

Captain Scarlet:

Captin Blue:

Captain Black:

Kambei

Enlisted
Nov 28, 2012
Colonel White:

Lieutenant Green:

Spectrum Security Officer:

Judy Chapman (Exclusive Mail-Away Offer Figure):

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Fantastic. Never heard of them. But man this is cool seeing customs 25 years apart. The names make me wonder if Tarantino used theses as the idea behind his names in Reservoir Dogs.

What do the green circles signify on the card art? anything?

Kambei

Enlisted
Nov 28, 2012
Fantastic. Never heard of them. But man this is cool seeing customs 25 years apart. The names make me wonder if Tarantino used theses as the idea behind his names in Reservoir Dogs.

What do the green circles signify on the card art? anything?

Not seen in the first episode I provided a link to, but when someone was killed, two circles of green light would play over the dead body before a Mysteronised replica appeared beside them. Presumed to be some kind of scan. Think laser scanner and 3D printer, but with living matter, or a vehicle. They could also take over electronic devices and vehicles.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Awesome. I loved Gerry Anderson shows as a kid (and I still do, as they're remarkably adult, especially Captain Scarlet) and your figures are fantastic!

Kambei

Enlisted
Nov 28, 2012
Awesome. I loved Gerry Anderson shows as a kid (and I still do, as they're remarkably adult, especially Captain Scarlet) and your figures are fantastic!

Posting Wave 2 tomorrow night plus one of teh 'Convention Sets' Two sets of figures I could only dream about making back in 84