Voting will take place for 7 days. The winner will advance to Round 2

You can view the Bracket Here

Each entry will get there own post

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Samurai Vader:

Bio:

this samurai vader was inspired by hawkeye's latest budass samurai starwars figures. i cant compete with him but heres what i could do.
also if you expect me to do something to make him not look like a repainted budo well tough hes wearing samurai armor. Hasbro did not create this look just for budo its a general look for samurai. thats not for any specific person im just saying the budo sculpt is excellent.

Entry Thread

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Oklahoma Don:

Bio:

Meet Oklahoma Don. Grew up in the midwest. Exactly where is up for debate as you can never get a straight answer from him. One day he was orphaned, the next day he sold a gold watch and got rich off it. One thing is for sure, he can shoot with the best of them. He could punch the center out of a dime from 300 yards out with any gun. No lie! 3 tours in 'stan and has spent considerable time out in the Nevada desert at the Fallon bombing range. He was ok in a chopper but there were a few close calls that got him grounded.

Once he got his wings clipped he wanted to get in on some other action. There was a new program that rolled out a few years before called the Sierra Nevada body armor program. This was not for the faint hearted. You had to go through months of data programming and computer hacking classes just to be considered. After that, you are thrown into the Nevada bush for 2 months and have to make your way back to base with 60 rounds of ammo and 4 gallons of water. Once you do that, you are in. What are you in? The Mech program!

This is where men are made men. You are in control of a device that is made to open an Abrams like a can of soup with a grenade, bring down a SU 27 like it was a mosquito and gather intel from another country away while the enemy is watching reruns of Silver Spoons (with subtitles of course).

This Mech armor is able to travel at 60 miles per hour while firing off 500 rounds a second through a .50 caliber shoulder cannon. It is powered by a nuclear battery that can last up to 3 years running full strength. It's lower missiles are capable of not only making a convoy stop but having a tank commander run for his life with shit in his pants. In case they try to bring in an air attack there are surface to air heat seeking missiles that will drop anything within an 8 mile radius. In case someone tries to get close they will be electrocuted as there are proximity sensors for humans. The drone can also give an idea where enemies are to fire on them without being seen or to steal all their data before they can shut off the power. Enough about it though, time to see what it has to offer.....

Entry Thread

Last edited:

TheVP

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2013
I'm not going to say he is my favorite but he is in my top three for sure...drybrusing job on him is execellent.

ian

Enlisted
Sep 5, 2013
that mech is a bit dirty... I think it will soon be ready for a little clean up ;-)

Last edited:

Gearedcreations

Enlisted
Sep 12, 2013
I had no clue Vader was being used and I'm not very good at writing these.
Vader is a samurai in the sith clan, known for their unrelenting brutality on the battlefield. With powers that are not fully understood, Vader has ascended through the ranks within the sith clan. Not only was he a vicious swordsman, he was also unrivaled with the power of controlling his a force bound to his hatred for those who he believed were responsible for the death of his late wife. Using his hatred to choke the life out of his enemies or crush large objects was one of his most known and feared abilities. Those that crossed Vader rarely lived to tell any stories of him.

That's what I got guess it would have helped sooner for those that based votes on a bio. Or maybe not since mine is a haiku compared to a story.... haha I can't do it all I guess.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It was posted in several threads that Vader was being used. Still time for him to come back and win.

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
I'm a bit shocked by this one. I thought the Vader was flawless. Congrats to Oklahoma Don!

letal

I Went Todash
May 8, 2013
Brazil
I'm a bit shocked by this one. I thought the Vader was flawless. Congrats to Oklahoma Don!

This match was a hard choice for me ... Samurai Vaders looks real good, so good that it got me thinking if the picture was taken as black and white, if not the work on the painting is flawless if the intention was to make it look like an old b/w photo. On the other hand I think Oklahoma Don is a figure plus a vehicle, which in my square mind isn't that much fair in a figure custom contest. So to cast my vote I considered only the figure... then Vader won my vote.

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
This match was a hard choice for me ... Samurai Vaders looks real good, so good that it got me thinking if the picture was taken as black and white, if not the work on the painting is flawless if the intention was to make it look like an old b/w photo. On the other hand I think Oklahoma Don is a figure plus a vehicle, which in my square mind isn't that much fair in a figure custom contest. So to cast my vote I considered only the figure... then Vader won my vote.

I kind of consider that a Vehicle also, so I just went based on the figures.