Clear printable decal paper

jlw515

Enlisted
Mar 6, 2014
I looked to see if there was a thread about this already and didn't notice one.

Not so much trying to bypass such sites as cobrastickers or rattlerrepros, but I am interested in making my own custom decals on clear decal paper. I've searched the various brick-n-mortar office supply/hobby stores in my area and haven't been able to find "CLEAR" decal paper (like used by cobrastickers & rattlerrepros). I have used both Avery(?) and Testors water decals, but both had more of a milky look when applied.

I am currently watching this ebay listing (which also has an online store) http://www.ebay.com/itm/271407880754?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT which claims to have "crystal clear" vinyl decal paper. Didn't know if anyone here had used this before.

Anyway, looking for product suggestions for making my own clear decals. Thanks.

Jason

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Did they dry milky? I'm asking because the skin transfer decals I make look milky when wet but dry clear.

jlw515

Enlisted
Mar 6, 2014
The Avery paper is already milky looking before you print. The Testor's clear water decals look clear when you apply, but once the water dries their is milky look to the decal - definitely not "crystal clear" as these others advertise.

Jason