Colonial Marines APC (WIP) Picture heavy!!!

You can see the pics here...

http://s1069.photobucket.com/albums/u468/keenan42/ALIENS/

So I decided I wanted a Colonial Marines APC after picking up a Rino and being a bit disappointed in how off it really is from the APC in ALIENS. It would have actually taken more work to mod the Rino, so I'm going with a scratch built version.

So far I have a 1/4" plexi base (Roughly 23 1/2" long and 6.5" wide). I secured the toy lawnmower wheels to the plexi with screws, nuts and bolts.

Next I began making the wheel wells . . .

That's all for now. This was about three hours worth of work. The cost so far, just getting supplies, is around $150.00.

Got to work on it some more . . .

Last edited:
Another update that doesn't look like much, but took a bit of planning.
Now she has a roof! It's attached with two hinges. And it stays open when in the up, or open, position.

Here's a look at the front gun, which I almost didn't show because it's such an early WIP . . .

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Now that's what i like to see. Nice and big, with lots to mess with on the interior.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
That is amazing work! I built the Halcyon kit a few years ago, but it looks puny compared to yours! Just out of curiosity, what was driving the cost up so much?

Thanks, guys.
The costs were total orders as I made them- the first styrene order- I've yet to deplete. Other orders were for paint, putty and the bits that went into it. So while those were total purchase prices, I didn't necessarily use 100% of it on this project.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I remember following the progres pics of this for a while. this is the first time i saw the Marines though. They look fantastic as well. This is fabulous work. Great Detail, great paint, and put together flawlessly.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I remember seeing this over on Joecustoms and even showed some of it to the guys here. I was in awe of this thing. A dream with all that interior detail.

Welcome aboard

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I too followed this on many boards, I said it there and I'll say it here, this is/was a magnificent body of work!

I love Aliens (hence my user handle) so this brings together two of my favorite worlds (1:18th & Aliens). I've work on a few Aliens items in this scale, but nothing like what you have done.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
My gawd dude. That is beautiful. Why can't toy companies pumps something THIS awesome out.?

Ctrl_Z- I don't think toy companies think there's enough money to be made. Unfortunately.

Jim- I'll have to add him. I actually just had to repair his right knee. He's kept outside and fell over in a storm. the plastic joint broke and over the next year only got worse. I finally added a Teco construction bracket to fix it. This was only last week. So good timing in bringing him up.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Epic! Those Marines are great, but you really need to get your hands on Destro/IG's Smartgun.

Now if only DropshipBob would build a Dropship to carry that bitch....

Tracker

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
oh my goodness that spectacularly awesome master piece you've built.

and the marines just wow

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Epic! Those Marines are great, but you really need to get your hands on Destro/IG's Smartgun.

Now if only DropshipBob would build a Dropship to carry that bitch....

Oh believe me, I've thought about it! That's one of the reasons I was asking about pilot figures. And there is a site that has paper models available of the dropship. All I need to do is scale them up a bit and transfer them to sheet styrene, etc. The problem would be storing it, the only place I could do that is in the garage, and with everything else stuffed in there, kids running around, it's bound not to last long. I could put it in our attic, but then it would become a hotel for the thousands of brown recluse spiders we get each year.

Oh believe me, I've thought about it! That's one of the reasons I was asking about pilot figures. And there is a site that has paper models available of the dropship. All I need to do is scale them up a bit and transfer them to sheet styrene, etc. The problem would be storing it, the only place I could do that is in the garage, and with everything else stuffed in there, kids running around, it's bound not to last long. I could put it in our attic, but then it would become a hotel for the thousands of brown recluse spiders we get each year.

Do you happen to have a link to that site? I'd love to check it out!
Thanks.