Custom Blown up wall Dio

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
So after seeing Mandingo's attempt at foam i decided to give it a go .. Ive been contemplating doing this project when i first bumped into a train dio site

Thank you Mandingo REX for the fire lit under my arse:D
All feedback welcome

Attachments

• whole.jpg
    whole.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 54

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Hey now! That looks off the hook. Way to bring the noise. Did you free hand it or do this with tools.

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
Just an xacto .. i have a dremel but it was late last night the fam was sleeping ... Thank you

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice work, love the details. Like Sic Deth does this would make a great "Desktop Dio"

Let's see a fig with it like GI Eddie mention

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
There it is! Haha. Great job man. The only criticism I can give is that for brick, the individual blocks themselves would probably be a tad smaller. But for concrete cinder blocks, it's about the right scale. I guess it could be painted concrete blocks?

Besides that, that's about the only thing I can comment on as "constructive". I like the added details too, I need to do that myself, just haven't gotten around to it. Using the foam for the guttering is a good idea. I was planning on using straws/plastic piping, but wasn't sure on how to attach it easily.

I will eventually do a "desktop dio", and I think that's an excellent use for something like this besides just photographing it for dios. You can leave it assembled on a desk and it'll look awesome.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
to add to MRs comment about painted cinder blocks...if i were you, i'd make the inside exposed broken edges of the blocks gray...

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
MR. Yes the red was accidental I tried to cut corners and didnt want to sponge it so i sprayed it with that textured paint and ruined it so i went with red since the undertone was already red but yes grey cinder blocks was what i was going for but well say theyre painted;D LOL

GI yes that would be cool !

I have so many ideas im just short on time .. but this is def the best time ive had customizing

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well besides the color of the bricks the amount of detail you put into this is great. The extra wires, power boxes and rubble are a really nice touch. You have tapped into a great artistic way to display your figures.

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Nice wall! The detail is astounding... I love the realistic touches such as the pipes and electrical (or maybe water) meter. As others have said, put some figures next to it and snap some pics!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
very great detailed work on this. I love the mini desktop setups. you nailed this one. Now comes the hard part, figuring out what figure to put on it.
I don't mind the brick colors. I saw it as cinder blocks that were painted, like on an old fire department house.

Last edited: