DarkWynter's Acid Rain Contest Entry #1

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
Commander Drake Silvers once fought on the front lines. After losing an eye he was moved to a salvage and recovery crew. In a world where bullet casings can be used as currency, the scavs risk being swept into battle in order to pick the bones of the fallen. It is very dangerous work, and the scav crews need to be one part warrior, one part mechanic, one part engineer, and a whole lot of crazy.

Drake has pushed beyond the duties of a simple scav as he longs for battle once more. He often drives his crew across firing-lines to resurrect still smoking equipment to bring back online.

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
These entries are the crew for a vehicle I was working on. I did not finish the vehicle and after seeing some of the entries I highly doubt they will place. I am still entering them as I did make these to throw something in the ring. The last one may have missed the deadline, but again these are just for support so do with them as you wish. I am just posting what I have as of the deadline to show what tinkering with.

Here is an early wip of the "Crows Nest":

Last edited:

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
Ooh, what's the plan with the crows nest?

Currently it is test fitted with some armor. A very strange prison bus/tank/wasteland pirate ship ATM. It is a beast, I'll eventually finish it and post them all together with more crew. The idea was that the Scav crews were like crows following slaughter. Picking the battlefield clean even as the battle is fought. In a world where resources are scarce and even the bodies can be recycled....I figured mercenaries could make a living just following battles and trying to fix/steal/salvage anything and everything. The Crows nest was to be a heavily fortified mishmash vehicle that served as a mobile base/garage for the Scavs. Although Silvers is loyal to his company state for now, his crew trades with the Soil Ghosts and even hires out as mechanics/guards to caravans if the price is right. Still a work in progress, I figured I'd post it anyway to add to the AR vibe.

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
No biggie, I had given up hope of finishing it a while ago. I pulled it back out to keep busy and it took a whole new direction on me. I may actually finish it with some more crew. Just really became focused on it the last few days. The whole AR world is fascinating. I wouldn't want to live there, but it makes for some great fiction stories. I hope the new AR section gets some love and everybodies entries are a great start.

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
I like the figures. The vehicle would & still can be awesome. Where did you get it from, I need one for my diocom.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Very cool idea! Does the door open on the bus?

Yup. $8-$12 on Amazon:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/American-Plastic-Toys-School-Bus/dp/B002RR1MVK/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1401627180&sr=1-2&keywords=bus"]Amazon.com: American Plastic Toys 18" School Bus: Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/313phHzB7uL.@@AMEPARAM@@313phHzB7uL[/ame]

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Whoa! That's interesting.

These entries are the crew for a vehicle I was working on. I did not finish the vehicle and after seeing some of the entries I highly doubt they will place. I am still entering them as I did make these to throw something in the ring. The last one may have missed the deadline, but again these are just for support so do with them as you wish. I am just posting what I have as of the deadline to show what tinkering with.

Here is an early wip of the "Crows Nest":