Diglers Little Birds

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
HHF....here are azslogans 2 FLIR birds about to become way more than what they are now....:)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
HFF...after a mishap or two, here they are just the weapons and a little bit of paint here and there and they are done.

Boy this is taking alot longer than I had expected....baby's take alot of time :)

I'm painting the assault birds black now...it looks so cool.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Bbi's TOW Defenders came with doors as standard equipment.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
LOL, idk, any of them I guess! For example, the doors on these Little Birds..

Those in particular are what KT said, the doors come with the birds.

The radios, weapons control, wires and connections, goliath tank, 4000 rnd ammo box, main rail is 3.5mm styrene for strength, rocket pods are brass and aluminum. Pilots helmets are Daremo's castings. You must be careful when you paint BBI's stuff, the plastic needs proper prepping and paint or the paint will chip off. There plastic has flexible parts and when you paint flexible parts the paint needs to be flexible....somewhat...and the surface needs paint etching primer...it absorbs into the plastic so its alot harder to chip off. Kinda like auto paint that you paint on plastic bumpers. It also needs to be baked at a low temp for a long time.

azslogan

Officer
Mar 14, 2013
The Ammo case and Goliath seem undersized. Maybe its the angle?

Attachments

• photo 43.JPG
    photo 43.JPG
    451.6 KB · Views: 21

azslogan

Officer
Mar 14, 2013
And these...

Attachments

• photo_zps3e07cefc.jpg
    photo_zps3e07cefc.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 27
  • pRJPv.jpg
    pRJPv.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 28

azslogan

Officer
Mar 14, 2013
No. If you look at the photo of your Little Bird in message 66 (page 7), 2nd photo, the Goliath Tank and the ammo case are significantly taller than the parallel line scribed in the fuselage about halfway up the door frame. In your black Little Bird the ammo case doesn't come up to the parallel line and the fuel tank is only just above it. They are shorter on the Black Little Birds??

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Ahhh...gotcha...1cm lower in fact....I cut into mine and I thought it was all just a little too big so I didn't cut into yours...the back angle part in the middle.....too late to change Stuart...I'd have to break the ammo case and tank out and then cut that angle piece out if possible. The ammo case is do-able but the tank is not. The tank is still twice as big as the stock one. I wasn't going to to the ammo case or the tank as you didn't request them at first, I just thought they would look better than the stock ones.

azslogan

Officer
Mar 14, 2013
Leave the fuel tank as is and see if it's possible to make the Ammo case as tall as the fuel tank?

azslogan

Officer
Mar 14, 2013
Hope you do the missles in black. White or yellow tips aren't stealthy like the Little Birds are supposed to be.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Stealth is a relative term in regards to helicopters, though I doubt the first thing that gives one away will be the warhead color on the Hydra 70s.

The color of which will should be dictated by warhead.

azslogan

Officer
Mar 14, 2013
So can you elaborate on the warhead colors. When I see photos the tips seem to be black. Are these covers over the colored warheads? What colors are likely?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Let's start with a couple of the pics you're looking at, if you don't mind. It'll help me answer more betterer.

The M247 dual purpose HE heads were black, but I'm not sure when they went out of production.

Last edited:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
So here are the final LBs for azslogan, I've had to back out of the Blackhawk to a degree....I've got no more time for it....I might be able to paint the outside of it and assemble the weapons pods and paint them also but he will have to glue them on because the shipping will just knock them off...and them fuel boom will be painted. I've included the LB that I did for me but since I don't have the time to put into his Blackhawk, I'll include the camo LB. I've spent over 60hrs + on all the LBs. These are true customs as not one out of the three are exactly the same. He has gotten a helluva deal since I charge $20hr for my services and all I'm taking in return is a assault LB and a damaged Blackhawk with some pieces missing. I didn't realize how much time these would take to customize, and I've never customized someone elses stuff before.

So here is the list of what is done to these LBs
-all new weapons and weapon electonics systems on all FLIR LBs
-all matching custom painted pilots in all choppers
-custom paint inside and out on all
-engine/cowling on camo LB
-shortened landing skids on all
-goliath fuel tank on all
-4000 rnd ammo box for the miniguns on all
-custom rail mounts for weapons on steath LBs
-Stealth LBs have ammo casing shutes for the miniguns
-shortened and installed more realistic gauge cowling on camo LB
-custom ammo belts/sleaves on all
-shortened the flight/yaw/throttle control sticks on all
I'm sure there is more, I just don't remember... :)