Dollar Exclusive Figures Review!

danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Great Reviews DG!

I like it better when each figure gets their own thread but this works too. As always, fantastic pictures! I would have given duke a little higher of a score though.

Thanks for Sharing!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The only one I'm extremely disappointed in, and will likely not get either version of, is the Cobra Commander. The rest are pretty decent FrankenJoe repaints that I'll likely wind up with multiples of, except for maybe the ninjas. Both Shipwrecks, Both Dukes, and probably both Troopers will result in some great custom fodder.

I would've rather just gotten a Stinger Driver, or a newer combination Tele-Viper, or anything else besides that damned CC. The lack of paint apps on it make it even lamer.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I will grab some Dukes and Cobra Troopers for sure. I don't know how many yet... depends on price and availability. I also plan on getting a 1 Shipwreck. As for the rest, I may grab them if I see them to hook people up who can't find them but I won't be getting any for myself.

danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011
Hey DG how did you get these and how much did you pay?

The price was close to 8.25 usd converted each figure and 50 usd a set. and were not a 1st world country.

I doubt that would be the price stateside. im looking at 3.99 to 5.99 per figure.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The only one I'm extremely disappointed in, and will likely not get either version of, is the Cobra Commander. The rest are pretty decent FrankenJoe repaints that I'll likely wind up with multiples of, except for maybe the ninjas. Both Shipwrecks, Both Dukes, and probably both Troopers will result in some great custom fodder.

I would've rather just gotten a Stinger Driver, or a newer combination Tele-Viper, or anything else besides that damned CC. The lack of paint apps on it make it even lamer.

Normally I'd skip the SE, but that, LCE is too nice to pass on, especially if the variant version gets out in mass. I agree the Battle Corps (what the fuck is this Shadow Guard bullshit?) Cobra Commander is a prettty half-hearted attempt at what is arguably his best (or at least douchebaggiest) look.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I cannot wait to see these on shelves. I miss the Family Dollar / Dollar General / Big Lots search for cheap Joes.

Those Troopers are fantastic...I'll need enough to compliment my 20 PoC Blue Shirts.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm so glad I didn't pay $30+ for a Renegades Storm Shadow. especially since that tooling is being reused alot.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Liking the troopers in black. Other than that maybe I can see buying a squads worth of Dukes for the IDF troops I'll need coming up.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Liking the troopers in black. Other than that maybe I can see buying a squads worth of Dukes for the IDF troops I'll need coming up.

Hope you plan on a lot of work. The buck isn't close to a good IDF base.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hope you plan on a lot of work. The buck isn't close to a good IDF base.

Really, they dress in all green. Actually I haven't checked them out completely. Any clues on what I could or should use?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The green on Zap-Duke really isn't close to IDF fatigues. Theoretically the lower legs could work, but a new set of uppers needs to be sourced. Gonna need something like the blouse on the 25th Starduster, or perhaps the Viper's.

Ya know, I think the Pit Commando could be a good starting point for a believable IDF man. Some different arms with rolled-up sleeves for variety would go fairly far.

You may get away with using the PASGT helmet, as I hear there are some in use with the IDF, but something that looks like the Isreali helmet would look better.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'd really like to get more Shock-Trooper/Steel Brigade vests, or something of the sort, to put on those Duke figures. I heard the Joe Mind podcast briefly mention putting double strap web gear on them and though that would be lame in comparison to tactical Kevlar.

I'm not sure if I want something like that cheap stuff from PTE that Marauders sell.The Slayer sculpting dudes should look into making more web-gear and helmets.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ragingspoon is doing casts of the Shock Trooper LBV, as well as a homemade variant with mag pouches on it.

I too love the ST vest.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
KT thanks for the intel. :thumbsup:

Those vests are the bomb, but only fit the skiniest of torsos though. Man if they would just make that Shock Trooper figure in OD green or like the VAMP Driver. I made most of that one into my Jesse custom. great color for a base.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
KT thanks for the intel. :thumbsup:

Those vests are the bomb, but only fit the skiniest of torsos though. Man if they would just make that Shock Trooper figure in OD green or like the VAMP Driver. I made most of that one into my Jesse custom. great color for a base.

Unfortunately it's the nature of plastic clothes.