From the Archives

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Not really reviews per-se these are just going to be a Figure of the Day type of thing I do on my blog page to bring awareness of the greatness of the 1:18 scale.

They will range across anything in the 1:18 scale pretty much the way the Archive works I'm just pulling out 1 figure and highlighting it. If I have the figure I will try to post some actual pictures of it as well to highlight the actual scale as compared to Ultimate Snake Eyes which I will be using as my scale control.

1:18 Archive presents From the Archives

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
From the Archive #1 Slime from Chap Mei Beast Raider

Last edited:

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I'm a big fan of Chap Mei's stuff and would love to see more. Although at the same time, I don't want to see more, as I know I'll never find any of them and it'll just annoy me. :)

But yeah, more Chap Mei and other fringe stuff is always good. I like odd toys.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
The Chap Mei figures will show up in the Archive way before I do any type of From the Archives post about them.

Those can be found here

I've already added some better pictures in the Vikings and Beast Raiders lines.

I do have lots more Chap Mei to add and they are sometimes quite difficult to obtain but with enough patients they do show up every once in a while.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Awesome!

But I'm not seeing any images with a lot of the entries. I don't know if it's my ISP being a dick or if there's a problem your end...

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I love Chap Mei figures. They have some of the best fantasyesque figures made. Its too bad some of them are so difficult to get.

I found "Tusk" on ebay in a random lot with a bunch of other crap. Offered the seller to just buy him. Worked out pretty well and now I have Tusk :)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think the thing I admired the most about the old CM stuff was the removable/separately cast bits. That and single-carded figures at Big Lots and Dollar Tree.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I really liked their pirate figures and play sets....some of the best play sets I have seen in years.