G. I. JOE Casting Thread

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
I was watching that dope ass Power Rangers short, with James Van der Beek (Dawson) in it as I was watching the film, something came to me. This dude could play Hawk or Duke, (especially Duke,). He's 38 now and if and when they do a a JOE reboot, he wouldn't be too old. Dude does have the boyish good looks, (no homo,") that would be required to play Duke or Hawk, plus based on the Power Rangers short, it seems that he would have the requisite command presence to play a JOEs Top NCO or they're commanding officer. Not knocking dude because he has grown as an actor, but he would be a set up, (no pun intended,) from Channing Tatum.

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean

Even though it's said that Chris Evans is done with movies when his Marvel contract is up, I feel he'd be a perfect for Conrad Hauser, maybe even Flint.

Domenick Lombardozzi (Thomas "Herc" Hauk from The Wire) I'm picking him to play Beachead simply because of his striking resemblance to

I said on another website that Scarlett should play Scarlett, but the thing is Black Widow and Shana O'Hara have similar physical attributes and they do the same damn thing.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'd honestly prefer a bunch of unknowns or relitively unknowns. I'm not concerned with whether or not they'll put butts in the seats like the studios are. :D

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
I was watching the rebooted Hawaii Five-O on Netflix the other day and the guy who plays Steve McGarrett would be a great Flint in in my opinion.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I'd go for some lesser known actors...take the band of brothers approach.

It's like in Retaliation they got the Rock and Bruce Willis and was like "well fuck we just blew the budget. We have enough for two others...almost wonder woman and gimme a dark haired guy that can parkour."

We'll just kill off all the joes since we can't afford anymore.

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
I'd honestly prefer a bunch of unknowns or relitively unknowns. I'm not concerned with whether or not they'll put butts in the seats like the studios are. :D

Being that The Departed and American Hustle are the only movies that i wanted to see on the strength of the cast, I hear you, but obviously were in the minority.

Unfortunately G.I. JOE is in need of star power in order to get the dreaded "casual movie goer," interested in seeing a JOE flick.