Galactic Merchants Custom 3D Printed Star Wars Displays

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I got these a few weeks ago from Galactic Merchants and they're pretty cool. They were available through Indiegogo (a crowd sourcing site like Kickstarter). They had 4 displays (2 Death Star, 2 Corellian Corvette) available with options for modern, vintage, or no pegs. I purchased these for $40 shipped and I also got a %15 off coupon for a future purchase. They come in 3 parts per section but feel really sturdy and go together easily. The only flaw I've found is that it's a little curved at the top of each section. It's not too bad I guess, especially if you crop your photos, ;). You can see the texture from the printing but I've seen worse from items I've received from Shapeways.

Some of the parts have been hand painted and paper was inserted for the white sections.

They also applied stickers to other sections.

What's really cool about these is that they're modular so you can have a whole line of these set up as your backdrop.

They're great for displaying your favorite characters or scenes.

I believe they plan to do other displays based on the high demand for these sets.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
That's somebody else. The tree would be even cooler if you could get extra trunk sections without the platform.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I remember years ago I had an Endor diorama planned and actually took a mold of some tree bark, lol. I'll have to dig that out and see what it looks like cast.