Hobbit 3 3/4" figures

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Gobbet toys on super clearance at TRU. $2 for single carded,$9 for multi packs...tons of selection too..must not have been polular? I know I could care less,lol. Some of the heads look useful for customs tho.

they say $29.99,but when scanned they say $9

The female head in this set looks promising. $9 for one head is too much for me tho. maybe at $5,lol

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm still pissed 4" Azog is more or less a UK exclusive.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Gobbet toys on super clearance at TRU. $2 for single carded,$9 for multi packs...tons of selection too..must not have been polular? I know I could care less,lol. Some of the heads look useful for customs tho.

they say $29.99,but when scanned they say $9

The female head in this set looks promising. $9 for one head is too much for me tho. maybe at $5,lol

Your store has more of a variety than mine with their 50 Bilbos.
and I thought $15 was a good price for the Mirkwood set!

They had a few things against them. Walmart nor Target picked them up.
The first movie toys were only available at TRU & Kmart (& Meijer).
The 2nd movie toys were only the Mirkwood set & some 6 inch figures here in the U.S. Plus this time only TRU had them.
It didn't help them when they had multipacks with characters that were duplicated in other multipacks. I'm glad I didn't get Fili or Kili the 1st time. It made getting the Mirkwood set that much easier even though I already had a Legolas & Tauriel. Hence the many Bilbos pegwarming.
For some reason toy companies think consumers want multiples of main characters. :rolleyes:

I could still use a Gandalf with Orc 2 pack.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You'd be wrong about Wal-Mart not carrying the Unexpected Journey figures. They most certainly did, though support was lukewarm, and they were quickly clearanced.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Your store has more of a variety than mine with their 50 Bilbos.
and I thought $15 was a good price for the Mirkwood set!

They had a few things against them. Walmart nor Target picked them up.
The first movie toys were only available at TRU & Kmart (& Meijer).
The 2nd movie toys were only the Mirkwood set & some 6 inch figures here in the U.S. Plus this time only TRU had them.
It didn't help them when they had multipacks with characters that were duplicated in other multipacks. I'm glad I didn't get Fili or Kili the 1st time. It made getting the Mirkwood set that much easier even though I already had a Legolas & Tauriel. Hence the many Bilbos pegwarming.
For some reason toy companies think consumers want multiples of main characters. :rolleyes:

I could still use a Gandalf with Orc 2 pack.

^
I have absolutely no idea who any of those are.I haven't watched any of the movies,nor have I watched any of the lord of the rings movies.

My area has little to no interest in action figures it seems. I didn't even start buying joes until the middle of retaliation,and at that time I was able to go to various Walgreens,and buy POC&30th figures right off the pegs like money bags destro,and cobra troopers...stuff that would've been gone long ago elsewhere. I think that's why figure selection is so good on clearance here? when I was there taking those pics I was able to get one of each figure from the amazing spiderman line for my son @ $2.04 a figure...the entire complete line all at once for around $20.haha...he's still playing with them! anyone who says spring loaded stuff shouldn't be included in toys never had kids! cause those seem to be his favorite.:D

If there's anything you guys are looking for lemme know. I'd love to help clear out these pegs,so newer toys can take their place.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Get yourselves a WARG or two.

You never know when you need a wonderfully articulate monster.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
You can now pre-order a 22" wing span Smaug through the WB Webstore for $70...

limited to 3000
WB Webstore Smaug pre-order

This seems like an odd move. Why limit the pre-order to 3000. If your going to do a pre-order why not just get as many orders as you can then make that many. I have a feeling this will not be available long lots of scalpers out there that will buy it just to try and sell it for more (i hate scalpers)...I hope there are some left when I feel like ordering it. As of right now I'm undecided... He does look pretty good even if he is a tad on the small scale.

Selling him like this does appear that they have no plan to make figures for the 3rd movie. Hopefully Vivid re-releases Radagast or Azog so I can pick them up.

They really did a horrible job distributing this line. Oh well, looks like i'll just have to do the rest of Thorin's co myself.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro did this with the Cloverfield monster. I'm not sure what Bridge Direct did wrong, but something got fucked up with this line. I’m still pissed about 4" Azog.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Well releasing the same figures in multiple formats didn't help anything. And not releasing very sought after figures like Azog, especially when we know the mold exists and was brought out in the UK by Vivid Imaginations. As for the rest of Thorin's Company I'm not sure they ever got to the molds of those so as far as I'm concerned they never existed. My guess is the profit margin wasn't high enough for TBD to continue making these.

I'm not sure what happened either because these are some great figures. I'm still hopeful for a few figures or a set for this last movie. I guess well see in a few months.

That cloverfield monster is still on my list of want someday, as well as the NECA Balrog, and the Jakks Godzilla.

Last edited:

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Yes, that is the Smaug from The Bridge Direct. They posted something about it on their Facebook page. And the ensuing flaming... I get that a lot of people are upset that this line didn't do so well and they weren't able to release a lot of the figures they had planned. However, I don't think cussing a company out on their Facebook page or on any forum is going to help the matter.

I don't mind the 2 legged design. If you want a good stand in 4 legged dragon there is a dragon in the True Legends line at Toys R Us.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, I wasn't sure whose fault that stupidity was, so I didn't want to level the charge.

I still not sure who to blame for the stupid elf bitch figure being in the first movie's toy line. BD or the studio for fucking with the film.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The How to Train Your Dragon II dragons are bigger than that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, Smaug is it. This line was an unmitigated disaster.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Sheeeyt, he's more like a Wyrmling or something.

EEEEH, do not want.