How do You army Build?

captinbaer1

unregistered sex offender
Sep 16, 2011
New york, NY
Many People build big ass army,In many different ways. I buy bags of Joe heads and pack after pack of green shirts, the spend 3+ hours naming the men, then I create squads and platoons, and give the Sgt.s/medics decals. then I add Humvees and, name the squads Stuff like Reaper 3-1, Reaper 3-2 ETC. Then give the squads place cards and my GF creates the sets like buildings or encampments ,in my apartment. (witch is right above a hobbies shop!) That's pretty much what I do, Am I really weird? or do other people do the same, Also I'd love to hear how you do it! (I'm still talking about army building though....Eddie I'm talking to you!)
:weirdo:

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
In general anything above a fireteam to me seems wasteful, that said I've got a section/squad's worth of Shock Troopers and would have well over that of Zombie Vipers if they had shown up in numbers.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
4 each of the army builders. I will admit to overdosing on BATS and Resolute Troopers when they were 3 bucks at Family Dollar, but in general I keep it to 4. With the cost going up I will keep it to 4 and if the rumored dollar store troop builders get released I will still hold to 4 each.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
The only time I did any sort of significant army building for the sake of it was when I bought more than 1 Decepticon. I don't mean more than 1 of the same Decepticon, but simply more than 1 at all. I had so many Autobots (because I like them), that it looked really lopsided not to give them any enemies; so my Decepticon ranks swelled.

I do occasionally build teams, but make a point of not letting them look alike, be it clothes, equipment, or heads.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I'll army build anything practically, lately I've been army building the crap out of joe apc's, at 13 now. Why I don't know, but I just love seeing things in large numbers

bitetheasp

Enlisted
Aug 2, 2011
I have a 9 man team of Crimson Guard:1 officer, 1 squad leader, 3 Fred Series(black facemask), 4 CG Troopers(ilver facemask)
10 if you count the CG Cobra Commander.

3 30th Steel Brigadiers.

2 MARS officers, 4 MARS troopers

So...I don't really. :(

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I don't think I really army build so much as squad build. I got about 4 Steel Brigades, 3 Shock Troopers, 3 Alley Vipers, 3 Bats, and a larger assortment of Cobra Troopers and Vipers of different variants from different lines and eras that have piled up over the years.

I have a shit-fuck ton of PTE figures that have piled up from when I bought a bunch of vehicles and play-sets.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't think I really army build so much as squad build. I got about 4 Steel Brigades, 3 Shock Troopers, 3 Alley Vipers, 3 Bats, and a larger assortment of Cobra Troopers and Vipers of different variants from different lines and eras that have piled up over the years.

I have a shit-fuck ton of PTE figures that have piled up from when I bought a bunch of vehicles and play-sets.

Sounds more like fireteam building. Well, a fireteam and 3 dudes standing around. :D

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I try for 5 of the troopers, except when the 30th / PoC figs hit I got a little carried away and I have 20 Blue Shirts, 20 vipers, 12 Alley Vipers, and 12 Shock Troopers.

Those figs were just too bad ass to pass up.

On the Joe side I bought several of the PoC Hawks and I've got about 7 or 8 30th Laws.

EDIT - just did some checking and I do have 15 Zombie vipers thanks to TRU online...

Last edited:

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
i started out with the mission of 100 blue shirts back in 08, and 50 air troopers and 25 of this and that. that ended fast when i was up to a few thousand in dollars spent. so since 08 i went from big numbers to just 10. i have like 50 something blue shirts and ended up with 25 troopers, cg's i have pretty built up thanks to single packs and the tru packs. red ninjas i have a shit load of too. one day the internet will be blessed with pics of my awesome collection in the best dio the world has ever seen.
one day
just not today.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Me too on the PTE figs. Keep saying I'm going to use them in the background but never do. I let our freinds sons play with them when we watch them.

I squad build. 4 to 6 fig is enough for me to get a message accross in a dio. My Team Whiskey is probably up to 10, but that's my main storyline of figs.